About Charles Schaeffer
**Please be aware that a phone consultation is required before all appointments can be confirmed. __________________________ I help individuals, couples, and professionals tap into their strengths to thrive at work and at home despite life's challenges. I have built a reputation with my clients for being a warm, compassionate, culturally-competent, collaborative, and results driven clinician who can help anyone feel calmer, stronger, and more in control of their life. Through my training and expertise as a clinical psychologist, I've helped clients and patients over the years to effectively cope and manage stress, anxiety, mood disorders, insomnia, sleep deprivation, relationship conflict, postpartum & perinatal mental health challenges, career transitions, and many more difficulties that often arise during life transitions such as premarriage, first time parenthood, job transitions, divorces, & deaths. Perhaps I can help you? Chuck Schaeffer, Ph.D. is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who is recognized by NY State, Postpartum Support International, the Society for Behavioral Sleep Medicine, New York University, and the William Alanson White Institute for his advanced expertise in applied clinical and counseling psychology. Dr. Schaeffer serves as clinical faculty at NYU and as a clinical consultant to the Motherhood Center of NY, Postpartum Support International, and the American Psychological Association. His clinical expertise has been featured in publications including Psychology Today, Huffington Post, Vice News, Fatherly, Mom.me, Oxford Handbook of Vocational Psychology, and Deloitte research report. He received his M.A. and Ph.D. from New York University and is an active member of the Weill Cornell Medical School's Mental Health Consortium.
Education and training
- New York University, PhD in Counseling Psychology
- Seleni Institute, Fellowship in Postpartum and Perinatal Psychology
- Veterans Administration Hospital System, Residency in Clinical Psychology
- William Alanson White Institute, Certificate in Intensive Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Internship in Adult Attention-Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder
Charles Schaeffer's office locations
Dr. Chuck Schaeffer Psychological Services
31 Washington Square W, 5RA
New York, NY 10011
Dr. Chuck Schaeffer Psychological Services
411 Lafayette St, 607
New York, NY 10003
Patient reviews for Charles Schaeffer, PhD
He is very sincere. He follows your train of thought and offers insight. I constantly feel epiphanic moments. He is professional yet comforting.
I saw Dr. Schaeffer for just about a year and he was so helpful in getting my sleep back on track, and helping myself to realize the larger issues that were contributing to my sleep problems. After my sleep improved, I continued to see Dr. Schaeffer because he was helping me better understand myself more clearly.
Dr. Schaeffer is an extremely warm and empathetic therapist who creates a comfortable and judgement - free environment for healing and self - discovery.
My visit is just what I need to start my week with a clear and focused mind. Through my work with him I've been able to find more love for myself and ways to handel my emotions.
Dr. Schaeffer is excellent. He is practical and knows his stuff. He saved my marriage.
Dr. Schaeffer is clearly an expert in his field, and cares for his patient's well- being.
Dr. Schaeffer is challenging but compassionate. An excellent CBT therapist.
I try to never miss my weekly appt. w/ Dr. Schaeffer. I leave feeling calmer and with a closer idea of what works for me and doesn't. He is patient and compassionate with very helpful insights and is able to help me Re-frame my challenges.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Pre-Move In Couples Counseling
- Academic Psychology Testing
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cognitive Therapy
- Couples Conflict Resolution
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- Cigna Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychologists
- More Insurances