About Dr. David Downs
Dr. David Downs is an orthopaedic surgeon with specialty training in sports medicine and arthroscopy. His interests include general orthopaedics with an emphasis on the arthroscopic treatment of knee and shoulder conditions as well as total joint replacement surgery. Dr. Downs grew up in Orange County and attended Troy High School in Fullerton. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo as valedictorian of his college. In 2002 he earned his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. He then went on to complete his surgery internship and orthopaedic residency training at Loma Linda University Hospital where he was awarded the Jarrett research award. Following residency, he undertook specialized training in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy at Kaiser Permanente in Irvine, California. Dr. Downs was selected to Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, California Medical Association, American Medical Association, and Christian Medical Dental Association. Outside of work he enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters. He is also active in running, basketball, water and snow skiing.
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Loma Linda University, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. David Downs's office location
FCPP Fullerton Orthopedic Surgery
680 Langsdorf Dr, Suite 103
Fullerton, CA 92831
Patient reviews for Dr. David Downs
Right away service.
Wait was too long, they overbook and the people waiting looked like they were straight out of Walmart. HMO nightmare. No thanks
I went in for knee replacement consultation. Dr. Downs was very informative on pros and cons. Definitely provided me the information I was seeking.
Dr Downs was great. He explained everything to me. He did not rush my appointment. I left feeling very hopeful. I even referred him to my co-worker who was looking for an ortho doctor.
Very informative compared to my last orthopedic surgeon visit.
It was my fist visit and it went well
Dr Downs diagnosed my problem quickly and was honest and professional in his assessment. I highly recommend him.
Was my first time at the office. Dr. Downs was quick and resourceful... he knew what he was talking about. I was able to be in and out within an 1hr and that included doing x-rays and paper work!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Orthopedic Consultation
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Bone Density Measurement / DXA Scan
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Ankle Problems
- Anterior Cruciate Insufficiency
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Back Problems
- Brittle Bones / Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Broken Ribs
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances