Dr. David Spinner, DO
New York, NY
About Dr. David Spinner
Dr. David Spinner is a concerned and caring physiatrist and pain management specialist serving the community of New York, NY. Dr. Spinner attended the New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he received his medical degree, and completed his internship at Maimonides Medical Center. He completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. He continued his training by completing a fellowship in anesthesiology and pain medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Dr. Spinner is affiliated with the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, NY. He is board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Spinner is a member of the International Spine Intervention Society, the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, and the New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. During his consultations, Dr. Spinner fully explains patients’ conditions and helps them choose an appropriate treatment plan.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Education and training
- Medical School - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Maimonides Medical Center (Internship)
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Fellowship in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Emory University (Bachelor’s)
- International Spine Intervention Society
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Pain Society
- The Facial Pain Association
Awards and publications
- 2011 New York Society of Interventional Pain Physicians Pain Medicine Symposium Abstract finalist award for excellence.
- 2008 Buttonwood Foundation Scholarship Recipient of the J. Marshall and Jane H. Booker Graduate Scholarship Award.
- Spinner DA, Khan S A Novel Approach for Treating Hip Flexor Spasticity: Dorsal Approach Ultrasound Guided Bohdinum Toxin Injection of the Muscle - Presented at AAPM&R Conference, Atlanta, GA (2012).
- Spinner DA, Baxi N, Saltier C. Spinal Cord Stimulator Placement Resulting in Spinal Cord Injury - Presented at AAPM&R Conference, Orlando, FL (2011).
- Spinner DA Ultrasound Guided Injection for Superficial Trigeminal Nerve Block - Presented findings at NYSIPP Symposium (2011) - Presented findings at AAPM (2012).
Dr. David Spinner's office locations
Mount Sinai Doctors
Mount Sinai Doctors - West 23rd Street
309 W 23rd Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10011
Mount Sinai Doctors
Mount Sinai Union Square
10 Union Square East, 5th Floor Suite 5P
New York, NY 10003
Patient reviews for Dr. David Spinner
Physiatrists by Location
Popular Insurances Accepted By Physiatrists
- Aetna Physiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- Cigna Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Physiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Physiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Physiatrists
- More Insurances