Dr. Edmund S. Liu, MD
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor, Head & Neck Surgeon
Edmund S. Liu, MD is one of the few surgeons to hold dual board certifications in both Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Liu graduated with the highest honors from the Tufts University School of Medicine. Dr. Liu went on to complete a General Surgery Internship at New York University School of Medicine, where he also completed his Residency in Otolaryngology (Head & Neck Surgery). Following the completion of his residency, Dr. Liu completed a Fellowship in American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with Russell Kridel, MD, Facial Plastic Surgery Associates, at University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, TX. Dr. Liu believes that new advances arise every day, and there is no better time than now to take advantage of the available knowledge and technology. Finding someone you trust to navigate through the available information and identify the most effective means by which to achieve your goals is the most important initial step. Since the face is the central highlight of the body, choosing the correct surgeon is of particular importance, as unwanted results are not easily hidden under clothing like other parts of the body. Practicing medicine is not always black and white. Whether a functional or cosmetic concern, there are often many different ways to approach the problem, and together you and Dr. Liu can make the best decision for you and create an individualized plan. His goal is to improve your quality of life in an honest and safe fashion. In his free time, Dr. Liu is Guitarist/vocalist in the NJ band Dangerous New Highs (dangerousnewhighs.com), and has recorded and produced music as a guitarist and vocalist. He also enjoys golf, skiing, mountain biking and lettered in Track & Field at UPenn.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Head & Neck Surgeon
- Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
- Mountainside Hospital
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- University of Texas, Houston, Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- New York University, Internship in General Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania (Bachelor's)
- New York University, Residency in Otolaryngology
- Medical School - Tufts University, Doctor of Medicine
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Harris County Medical Society
Awards and publications
- Liu ES, Constantinides M, Miller PJ, Adamson PA. Vertical lobule division in rhinoplasty: maintaining an intact strip. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, 2001 Oct-Dec; 3: 258-263.
- Liu ES, Kridel RWH. Post rhinoplasty nasal cysts and the use of petroleum based ointments and nasal packing. Plastic Reconstr Surgery. 2003 Jul; 112(1): 282-7.
- Kridel RWH, Liu ES. Techniques for creating inconspicuous facelift scars: avoiding visible incisions and loss of temporal hair. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery. 2003 July/Aug; 5: 325-33.
Edmund S. Liu, MD
207 Pompton Ave
Verona, NJ 07044