Dr. Fedor Panov, MD
New York, NY
About Dr. Fedor Panov
Fedor E. Panov, MD, is a neurosurgeon based at Mount Sinai West, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, The Mount Sinai Hospital, and Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice in Manhattan, New York. As an assistant professor in the Department of Neurosurgery, he practices general brain and general spine surgery, adult epilepsy surgery, and neuromodulation surgery. Dr. Panov is also Associate Director of the Adult Epilepsy Program at Mount Sinai Health System. Dr. Panov is a uniquely qualified neurosurgeon with a postgraduate fellowship in Epilepsy Neurosurgery from University of California, San Francisco, under Dr. Edward Chang, and another fellowship in Movement Disorders Neurosurgery under Dr. Philip A. Starr and Dr. Paul Larson. Dr. Panov obtained his undergraduate degree from Schreyer Honors College at Penn State and his medical degree from the Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. He completed his Neurosurgical Residency at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Panov is published in a variety of scholarly journals including Neurosurgery, Neurotherapeutics, Interventional Neuroradiology, and Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. Dr. Panov is fluent in Russian and conversational in Spanish.
- Affinity Health Plan
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai St. Luke’s
- Mount Sinai West
- Mount Sinai Brooklyn
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Education and training
- Medical School - Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University, Doctor of Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Internship in General Surgery
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Residency in Neurosurgery
- University of California, San Francisco, Fellowship in Epilepsy Neurosurgery
- Pennsylvania State University (Bachelor's)
- University of California, San Francisco, Fellowship in Movement Disorders Neurosurgery
Awards and publications
- Panov F, Levin E, de Hemptinne C, Swann NC, Qasim S, Miocinovic S, Ostrem JL, Starr PA. Intraoperative electrocorticography for physiological research in movement disorders: principles and experience in 200 cases. Journal of neurosurgery 2016 Feb;.
- Panov F, Li Y, Chang EF, Knowlton R, Cornes SB. Epilepsy with temporal encephalocele: Characteristics of electrocorticography and surgical outcome. Epilepsia 2016 Feb; 57(2).
- Mascitelli JR, Pain M, Panov F, Bederson JB, Patel AB. Ophthalmic artery occlusion immediately following placement of a flow diverter without clinical sequelae. Interventional neuroradiology : journal of peritherapeutic neuroradiology, surgical procedures and related neurosciences 2015 Apr; 21(2).
- Gologorsky Y, Shrivastava RK, Panov F, Mascitelli J, Signore AD, Govindaraj S, Smethurst M, Bronster DJ. Primary intraosseous cavernous hemangioma of the clivus: case report and review of the literature. Journal of neurological surgery reports 2013 Jun; 74(1).
- Skovrlj B, Motivala S, Panov F, Steinberger J, Stuelpnagel J, Cho SK, Caridi J. Fatal intraoperative cardiac arrest after application of surgifoam into a bleeding iliac screw defect. Spine 2014 Sep; 39(20).
Dr. Fedor Panov's office location
Mt.Sinai West-Dept of Neurosciences-Neurosurgery
1000 10th Ave, Ste 10C
New York, NY 10019
Patient reviews for Dr. Fedor Panov
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Neurology Consultation
- Neurosurgery Consultation
- Neurosurgery Follow Up
- Brain Compression
- Brain Cyst
- Brain Malformation
- Brain / Spinal Cord Tumor
- Brain Tumor Evaluation
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Cerebral Shunt
- Chronic Neck Pain
- More Procedures