Dr. Garrett Kalmar, DPM
Garrett Kalmar, DPM is excited to be back home after working as an associate in Columbus, OH. In Ohio, he treated complex wounds in a renowned wound care center, performed surgeries in an out-patient surgical center and worked closely with two hospital systems. He believes the most important aspects of providing quality care are listening to the patient and their needs. This is done through patient education, establishing a relationship with the patient and involving patients in their treatment plan all while providing a safe and effective evidence-based approach. When he is not working Garrett Kalmar enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, and kayaking.
- Huntington Hospital
Education and training
- Temple University, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Roger Williams Medical Center (Residency)
- Indiana University (Bachelor's)
- New York State Podiatric Medical Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Presenter, Athletico Physical Therapy – Athletico University, “Plantar Fasciitis.” Pickerington, OH
- Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association: Kalmar G. and Doobay N., “Intramuscular Lipoma of the Flexor Hallucis Brevis Muscle.” Vol. 107, No. 1, pp. 80-84, January 2017.
- Techniques in Vascular and Interventional Radiology: Allen L, Kalmar G., Driver V., “Treatment of a High RiskDiabetic Patient with Peripheral Vascular Disease and Osteomyelitis.” Volume 19, Issue 2, Pages 96-100, June 2016
- Kalmar, Garrett. "Ankle Sprain". Ankle Sprain. Fred Ferri. 17th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier, 2017. 91-93. Print.
- Presenter, The Podiatry Institute presents Surgical Pearls by the Sea: Current Trends in Foot and Ankle Surgery. “VTE Prophylaxis in Foot and Ankle Surgery.” Newport, Rhode Island
Kalmar Family Podiatry
62 Green St
Huntington, NY 11743