About Dr. Gennady Rubinstein
Dr. Gennady Rubinstein is a dermatologist treating patients in Studio City, California, and the surrounding communities. He holds certification from the American Board of Dermatology and is affiliated with the Providence Tarzana Medical Center. Dr. Rubinstein is also a member of professional organizations including the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. For his undergraduate degree, Dr. Rubinstein attended the University of California at Los Angeles. He pursued his medical education at the Boston University School of Medicine. Dr. Rubinstein continued his medical education with residency training in dermatology at the University of California at Irvine and a fellowship in lasers in dermatology at the Harvard Medical School. Patients visiting Dr. Rubinstein can receive a full range of dermatologic care. He has extensive experience in both medical and aesthetic dermatology, providing anti-aging treatment, filler treatment, annual skin screenings, Mohs surgery, Botox, and general consultations. Treatment is also available for issues including rash, eczema, hair loss, psoriasis, and acne. In addition to his practice, Dr. Rubinstein serves as a clinical instructor of dermatology at UCLA and as a preceptor at the University of Southern California. Physician Assistats, Eric Lovato,PA-C and Simona Fikhman, PA-C, work under the supervision of Dr. Rubinstein and follow the same treatment protocols for medical and cosmetic treatment of the skin. RNs, Heidi and Liza perform cosmetic and laser services and Aestheticians help keep your skin healthy and beautiful. "Working together as a team, we strive to provide the best possible experience for our patients."
- Providence Tarzana Medical Center
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Boston University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, Irvine, Residency in Dermatology
- Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles, Internship in Internal Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles (Bachelor’s)
- Harvard University, Fellowship in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
Awards and publications
- U.C. IRVINE DEPARTMENT OF DERMATOLOGY, Orange, CA, October, 1998 to March, 2002 • Analyzed degree of atypia within melanocytic nevi. Worked with renowned dermatopathologist and pigmented lesion expert Ronald J. Barr, M.D. to describe the concept of heterogeneity of atypia within nevi, and the clinical implications for surgical treatment. • Studied the mechanism of low dose systemic methotrexate therapy in psoriasis using in vitro models of proliferating epithelial and lymphoid cell lines.
- ALLERGAN, INC., Irvine, Ca, July 2001 to October 2001. • Established a photonumeric guide of wrinkle scores for ongoing Botox studies. • Created a curriculum for a unique on-site pharmaceutical company training program for Dermatology residents, emphasizing drug development. ,Salvador González, W. Matthew White, Gennady Rubinstein, Milind Rajadhyaksha, Jessica L. Fewkes, R. Rox Anderson. In vivo confocal imaging of non-pigmented cutaneous premalignant and malignant lesions (abstract). Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 1998; 110:583.
- Ronald J. Barr, Kenneth G. Linden, Gennady Rubinstein, Kenneth A. Cantos. Analysis of heterogeneity of atypia within melanocytic nevi. Arch Dermatol., 2003 Mar;139(3):289-92
Dr. Gennady Rubinstein's office locations
Dermatology & Laser Center of Studio City
3959 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
Dermatology & Laser Center of Studio City
135 Macaw Ln, Suit # 200
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Patient reviews for Dr. Gennady Rubinstein
The doctor was very friendly. I? was in and out within an hour.
Best dermatologist in LA, no question. Very thorough for annual "mole patrol" and very good at explaining anything or answering questions. I cannot recommend Dr. Rubinstein enough.
He listened to me and addressed all my needs.
Fantastic Doctor - extremely professional.
Dr Rubinstein was professional and able to accurately diagnose my skin condition.
I had a great experience at this office. He was nice, professional and very thorough.
Love the doc but appointment was delayed an hour.
The office is warm and friendly. I only waited about 5 minutes. I saw DR Rubinstein. He really knows where to place a filler to get the most impact and improvement. Definitely will return.
The front office runs more smoothly than any office I've ever been to.
Good communicator with great bedside manner.
He's great. Perfect blend of friendly and "doctorly". I'm thrilled to have found him and will return for both medical and cosmetic reasons.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Dermatology Consultation
- Dermatology Follow Up
- Age Spots
- Annual Skin Screening
- Anti-Aging Treatment
- Body Sculpting Consultation
- Botox Treatment
- Brown / Dark Spots
- Dermaplanning / Dermaplane Treatment
- Dermatology Surgery
- Discoid Lupus
- More Procedures
- Aetna Dermatologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Dermatologists
- Cigna Dermatologists
- UnitedHealthcare Dermatologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Dermatologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Dermatologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Dermatologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Dermatologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Dermatologists
- More Insurances