Dr. Han Ton-That, MD
Han Ton-That is an attentive and precise gastroenterologist serving his patients in Falls Church, VA. Dr. Ton-That is certified by the American Board of Gastroenterology, and he is a member of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the American Gastroenterological Association. Dr. Ton-That began his medical education at the University of Maryland’s School of Medicine. He then completed his internal medicine training at the University of Maryland Hospital, before completing his fellowship in gastroenterology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. Dr. Ton-That has been practicing at a private practice in Falls Church since 1997, and he is affiliated with the Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Ton-That treats patients who are experiencing hemorrhoids, acid reflux and heartburn, diverticulitis, colonic polyps, constipation, and gall bladder problems. He provides services such as gastroscopy, colonoscopy, gastroenterology consultation, endoscopy, colon cancer screenings, and liver biopsies. *We require the name of your insurance when booking an appointment. *If you're unable to keep your appointment, kindly provide 24 hours notice. *Remember to bring a list of prescription medications if any. *Your scheduled appointment time includes 15 minutes for paperwork. *Please call our office if you have any further questions. We look forward to seeing you.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Maryland
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- University of Maryland (Internship)
- University of Maryland, Residency in Internal Medicine
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Awards and publications
- Ton-That, H., Shields, J.M., Yang, V.W., “The Gut-Enriched Kruppel-Like Factor (GKLF) Contains a Domain Involved in Transcriptional Activation,” (1997) Gastroenterology 112, A911
- Geiman, D.E., Ton-That, H., Johnson, J.M., Yang, V.W., "Transactivation and growth suppression by the gut-enriched Kruppel-like factor (Kruppel-like factor 4) are dependent on acidic amino acid residues and protein-protein interaction. Nucleic acid research. 28(5):1106-13,2000Mar1.
- Geiman, D.E., Ton-That, H., Shields, J.M., Yang, V.W., “Transactivation by the Gut-Enriched Kruppel-Like Factor (GKLF) Depends on Acidic Amino Acid Residues and on Protein-Protein Interaction,” (1998) Gastroenterology 114, A3607.
- Ton-That, H., Kaestner, K.H., Shields, J.M., Mahatan, C. S., Yang, V.W., “Expression of Gut-Enriched Kruppel-Like Factor Gene during Development and Tumorgenesis,” (1997) FEBS Letters 419, 239-243.
- Fowlkes, B.J., Kruisbeck, A.M., Ton-That, H., Weston, M.A., Coligan, J.E., Schwartz, R.H., and Pardoll, D.M., “A Novel Population of T-Cell Receptor ab-Bearing Thymocytes Which Predominantly Expresses a Single Vb Gene Family,” (1987) Nature (London) 329, 251.
6305 Castle Place, Suite 1-A
Falls Church, VA 22044