Dr. Hillel Marans, MD
Urological Surgeon, Urologist
Dr. Marans has been named in New York Magazine's Best Doctors in New York. He has been named in Top Doctors: New York Metro Area in Castle Connolly over 10 times. Born in New York City, Dr. Marans earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Columbia College in New York and went on to graduate from Cornell University Medical College also in New York. The following 2 years were spent as a resident of general surgery at the Saint Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center in New York. From there, he took on a residency in Urology at the Albert Einstein Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, NY, several months of which were spent at the Sloan Kettering Memorial Medical Center. In 1982 he served as a urology resident and later chief resident at the Albert Einstein Montefiore Medical Center. As a urologist, Dr. Hillel Marans is highly trained to treat disorders of the male and female urinary tract (bladder, ureter, kidney, and urethra) and the male reproductive system. Urology is classified as a surgical subspecialty, but since a wide variety of clinical problems are encountered when treating urological conditions, knowledge of internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, and other specialties is required. Dr. Marans serves as Clinical Assistant Professor of Urology at the New York University School of Medicine in New York, NY. He is also a full attending urologist at the NYU Langone and Mount Sinai Downtown (formerly Beth Israel) Hospitals, both of which are in New York. He has been actively involved in various academic presentations and has been published in peer read medical journals. His works can be found in such distinguish journals as the Journal of Urology and the Journal of Nuclear Medicine.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Urological Surgeon
- Beth Israel Medical Center
- New York University Elaine A. and Kenneth G. Langone Medical Center
Education and training
- Medical School - Cornell University, Doctor of Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center, Residency in Urology
- Saint Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center, Residency in General Surgery
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- American College of Surgeons
- American Urological Association
Awards and publications
- E. Laor, H. Marans, R.E. Reid, Z. Schiffman, B.M. Tolia and S.Z. Freed, “The Influence of Indwelling Urinary Tract Stones on Twenty- Four Hour Urinary Chemistries,“ Urology, 25:588, 1985.
- New York Magazine, Best Doctors in New York, 2003
- S. Kogan, H. Marans, M. Santorineou, K. Schneider, E. Reda and S. Levitt, “Successful Treatment of Renal Vein and Vena Caval Extension of Nephroblastoma by Preoperative Chemotherapy,” J.of Urology, 136:312, 1986.
352 7th Avenue, #1003 (bet. 29th-30th Sts.)
New York, NY 10001