Dr. Igor Chernyavskiy, MD
Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Specialist, Critical Care Specialist
Dr. Igor Chernyavskiy is a respected physician and teacher, who graduated Medical School in 1987. He joined Stony Brook University Medical Center and the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center at Northport as a faculty member in 2002. Currently he balances his time between treating patients and teaching residents and fellows at Stony Brook University Hospital (SUNY). He recently was appointed to be Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care at VA Hospital at Northport. He also leads an extensive private practice in Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine in Brooklyn, which was established in 2004. Dr. Chernyavskiy has received numerous awards and has held many appointments at several hospitals and medical associations Dr. Igor Chernyavskiy is board certified in internal medicine, critical care, pulmonary medicine, and sleep medicine. He is a member of the American Medical Association, American Thoracic Society, and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Dr. Chernyavskiy's scientific work, specific research interest in COPD, interstitial pulmonary diseases, and sleep disordered breathing problems, has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals. Dr. Igor Chernyavskiy is well respected among his peers and patients. He is compassionate about his work and is committed to improving the health of his patients.
- Sleep Medicine Specialist
- Critical Care Specialist
- Stony Brook University Medical Center
- VA Medical Center Northport
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Pulmonary Disease (Internal Medicine)
- American Board of Sleep Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V. F. Voino-Yasenetsky
- Monmouth Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, Fellowship in Pulmonary Care
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Dr. Chernyavskiy is board certified in pulmonology by the American Board of Sleep Medicine .
Pulmonary & Sleep Disorders of New York, P.C.
2625 E 14th St, Suite 201
Brooklyn, NY 11235