About Dr. Imran Posner
Welcome! As an attending psychiatrist at Devereux Children’s Behavioral Health Center(DCBHC), our clinical team provides psychiatric care to numerous patients and families who have been admitted to the hospital for crisis management, behavioral dyscontrol, and mood difficulties and many other presentations. Treatment involves family meetings and interagency meetings with schools and other providers to determine the appropriate services, needs, and accommodations for each patient. My holistic approach incorporates principles of family therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and other modalities to treat each patient and family effectively while also examining how nutrition and exercise affect one’s mood and anxiety, having done prior research about physical activity and psychiatric symptoms.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Drexel University, Doctor of Medicine
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Tufts University, Residency in Adult Psychiatry
Dr. Imran Posner's office location
Positive Mind & Body
110 Bala Ave, 3rd Fl Ste
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Patient reviews for Dr. Imran Posner
We have been searching for an adolescent psychiatrist for years. Dr. Posner is pleasant and very responsive. We are so thankful that we finally found him.
After seeing several professionals, Dr. Posner is the only one who has given me an accurate diagnosis and a successful treatment right away. Dr. Posner has really played a part in saving my life.
Dr. Posner is the best. He really listens and is genuinely interested in his patients' lives. He juggled his schedule to make our first appointment happen in a timely manner. The few times we've had to contact him outside of a scheduled appointment, he's always been great about calling or emailing back and sorting out the issue. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Posner.
Nothing but great experiences with Dr. Posner. He is extremely professional and intelligent. He is a great communicator, and always had my best interest in mind.
Dr. Posner is the first person that could help my daughter and get her back on track. I had tried many psychiatrists to no avail until I found Dr Posner. I will be forever grateful!
Dr. Posner was very professional and extremely helpful. He is dedicated to his work and is very empathetic and caring towards his patients. I would absolutely go back to see Dr. Posner again as well as recommend him to see others as well.
Dr. Posner has always been accommodating, while initially seeing him for my ADD we also uncovered together some root causes for some harbored up anxiety I have been dealing with as well. Very professional, great listener and compassionate. Would highly recommend!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorder
- Hyperactive Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Medication Review
- Panic Attack
- Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- Pediatric Schizophrenia
- Pediatric Sexual Abuse Counseling
- Social Anxiety
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances