About Dr. Irina Petrenko
Irina Petrenko is a dedicated and diligent sleep medicine specialist caring for the Brooklyn, NY community. Dr. Petrenko earned her medical degree from Karaganda State Medical University in Kazakhstan. She then moved to the United States, where she completed her residency in internal medicine at Richmond University Medical Center. She also completed her fellowship in critical care medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and fellowship in sleep medicine at JFK Medical Center. Dr. Petrenko is a part of Pulmonary & Sleep Disorders of New York, P.C. Dr. Petrenko is board certified in internal medicine and critical care medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Petrenko conducts her appointments with the personalized care and attention that she would expect for her own family. She gives each patient her focused attention, and she prides herself on delivering the best treatment available.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Sleep Medicine Specialist
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Sleep Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Karaganda State Medical University
- JFK Medical Center, Fellowship in Sleep Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine
- Richmond University Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
Dr. Irina Petrenko's office location
Pulmonary & Sleep Disorders of New York, P.C.
2625 E 14th St, Suite 201
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Patient reviews for Dr. Irina Petrenko
It was exellent ... Dr. Pretenko was very nice , receptive and informative
Extremely helpful and kind. She was very thorough in her examination and I did not feel rushed.
Dr Petrenko was wonderful. She explained everything in details and made sure she answered all my questions like.
I really like this Doctor but unfortunately her schedule is very busy and changes a lot. I would schedule an appointment only to have it changed at the last minute usually by them asking me to come sooner or times I was not available. I will be seeking a different health care provider for Sleep Apnea treatment at this time.
Dr. Petrenko was very attentive and thorough with my visits. She answered all of my questions patiently. She also informed me all of the possible treatments for my condition in detail. I feel very confident in having her as my doctor. My only complaint (no fault of Dr. Petrenko) is that I had to make several trips to the office because I was given a take-home sleep test device prepared by the one of the front desk assistants with batteries that were really old. My first test was useless because the batteries died within 4 hours during the night. I had to return the device (to see if the data is usable) then pick it up at a later date because another patient was slotted to use it right after me. The assistant at no point apologized for her negligence and my wasted time.
Doctor was caring and answered all my questions and gave me new information she was thorough
Dr. Irina Petrenko is the only doctor I have seen that has taken my sleep issues seriously. So many doctors have told me as a young healthy 22 year old, that I'm young and nothing is wrong. Dr. Petrenko recognized that a lot of my other health issues were related to my sleep issues. She took lots of time with me, explained what my options were as well. The office itself was quite lovely - such a personal feel. Great office management and really helpful people.
Appt was rescheduled.
She genuinely cared and listened to my concerns and suggested ways for me to be treated. We are working on a treatment plan that we will start after some insurance approvals of course. What was great about her and the staff was they were very direct which was efficient and cared that things got taken care of. Very happy and looking forward to getting taken care of.
Short wait time. Listens closely, and created a straightforward approach to solving my problems.
She was very nice. I definitley recommend you to visit her.
This doctor has spent considerable time with me. Was very detailed and knowledgeable, very thorough. The office staff is very efficient and professional. I Highly recommend Dr. Petrenko.
- Atlanta, GA Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Austin, TX Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Chicago, IL Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Dallas, TX Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Denver, CO Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Houston, TX Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Jersey City, NJ Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Los Angeles, CA Sleep Medicine Specialists
- New York, NY Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Philadelphia, PA Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Phoenix, AZ Sleep Medicine Specialists
- San Antonio, TX Sleep Medicine Specialists
- San Diego, CA Sleep Medicine Specialists
- San Francisco, CA Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Washington, DC Sleep Medicine Specialists
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Sleep Problems
- Chronic Respiratory Failure
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Management
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD)
- REM sleep behavior disorder (RBD)
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Apnea / Snoring Device
- Sleep Disorder
- Sleep Medicine Consultation
- Sleep Medicine Follow Up
- More Procedures
- Aetna Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Cigna Sleep Medicine Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Sleep Medicine Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Sleep Medicine Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Sleep Medicine Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Sleep Medicine Specialists
- More Insurances