About Dr. Jocelyn Soffer
Jocelyn Soffer, M.D. is a child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist in private practice, offering psychotherapy and psychopharmacology treatment. She received her B.A. in Philosophy with a concentration in Psychology from Yale University, and her M.D. from the Yale University School of Medicine. She completed her Internship and Residency in Adult Psychiatry at Mount Sinai, serving as chief resident, followed by fellowship training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at NYU. Dr. Soffer is licensed to practice medicine in the state of NY, and is Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Soffer also serves on faculty at NYU as Clinical Assistant Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, teaching the undergraduates course she co-designed "The Adolescent Paradox: Emotions, Identity and Behavior." While she treats the full spectrum of psychiatric conditions, she also offers support and counseling during periods of life transitions. Particular interests include mood and anxiety disorders, child play therapy, parent management training, college mental health and post-graduate transitions, adjustment to parenthood and postpartum concerns, women's mental health, music and mental health. PLEASE NOTE: DR SOFFER DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY INSURANCE; as an out-of-network provider she will provide you with an invoice you may submit for any eligible reimbursement. Zocdoc times listed are 75 minute appointments for NEW CLIENTS. Please select “Psychiatric Consultation” when ready to book your appointment. Click on Practice tab (Jocelyn Soffer, M.D.; Psychotherapy and Psychiatry) for more info.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Yale University, Doctor of Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Residency in Adult Psychiatry
- New York University, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Yale University (Bachelor's)
- American Psychiatric Association
- Association of Women Psychiatrists
Awards and publications
- SELECTED AWARDS: Psychoanalytic Fellowship, Center for Psychoanalytic Training & Research, Columbia University.
- Fellowship Award, American Psychoanalytic Association.
- Janet Glasgow-Rubin Memorial Achievement Award for Outstanding Women, Yale University School of Medicine.
Dr. Jocelyn Soffer's office location
Jocelyn Soffer, M.D.; Psychotherapy and Psychiatry
30 E 20th St, Suite 5RW
New York, NY 10003
Patient reviews for Dr. Jocelyn Soffer
Dr Soffer in many ways saved my life. I first reached out to her when I was going through a set of very difficult emotional challenges, and after trying to solve them on my own, I decided to give therapy a shot. Dr Soffer conveys a sense of welcoming and her understanding and patience empowered me to be completely open with her. Together, we created and successfully implemented a multifaceted treatment plan, and while she has already VASTLY improved my mental and emotional health, she still challenges me to continue to improve to this day. For anyone skeptical of therapy or mental health improvement, I highly recommend Dr Soffer...either for anyone going through a tough time or someone who just wants to improve their overall mental well-being.
As always , my visits with Dr Soffer are enlightening and insightful. She is an excellent listener and keeps me honest.
A caring doctor who listens well. If requested she provides handouts/homework to help you focus on concrete action steps. (But do ask, otherwise it's mostly talk therapy). I did end up learning from our sessions and use some of the concepts to this day. However, if you are not a daytime weekly regular, it can be hard to get an appointment / become a priority on the schedule. Overall, glad she was there during one of the hardest times of my life.
Very kind and caring; wish she took health insurance so I could see her again.
Dr. Soffer was great - personable and positive!
Very kind ,good energy and really listened.
Dr. Soffer is wonderful! She is easy to talk to and insightful. I am learning a lot about myself and feeling better. I would definitely recommend Dr. Soffer.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorder
- Hyperactive Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Medication Review
- Panic Attack
- Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- Pediatric Schizophrenia
- Pediatric Sexual Abuse Counseling
- Social Anxiety
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances