Dr. Jocelyn Soffer, MD
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Jocelyn Soffer, M.D. is a child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist in private practice, offering psychotherapy as well as psychopharmacological treatment when indicated. She received her B.A. in Philosophy with a concentration in Psychology from Yale University, and her M.D. from the Yale University School of Medicine. She completed her Internship and Residency in Adult Psychiatry at Mount Sinai, serving as chief resident, followed by fellowship subspecialty training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at NYU. Dr. Soffer is licensed to practice medicine in the state of NY, and is Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Soffer also serves on faculty at NYU as Clinical Assistant Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, teaching the undergraduates course she co-designed "The Adolescent Paradox: Emotions, Identity and Behavior." While she treats the full spectrum of psychiatric conditions, she also offers support and counseling during periods of life transitions. Particular interests include mood and anxiety disorders, child play therapy, parent management training, college mental health and post-graduate transitions, adjustment to parenthood and postpartum concerns, and women's mental health. Please note: Zocdoc times listed are for NEW CLIENTS; initial consultation appointments are typically 75 minutes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and fees. Please select “Psychiatric Consultation” when ready to book your appointment. If you don't see a time that fits your schedule, email directly to inquire about other possible times. Click on Practice tab (Jocelyn Soffer, M.D.; Psychotherapy and Psychiatry) for more information! For current patients, please email or call the office to schedule a visit.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Yale University, Doctor of Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Residency in Adult Psychiatry
- New York University, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Yale University (Bachelor's)
- American Psychiatric Association
- Association of Women Psychiatrists
Awards and publications
- SELECTED AWARDS: Psychoanalytic Fellowship, Center for Psychoanalytic Training & Research, Columbia University.
- Fellowship Award, American Psychoanalytic Association.
- Janet Glasgow-Rubin Memorial Achievement Award for Outstanding Women, Yale University School of Medicine.
Jocelyn Soffer, M.D.; Psychotherapy and Psychiatry
30 E 20th St, Suite 5RW
New York, NY 10003