About Dr. Joseph Bax
Practicing at Mount Sinai Doctors Orthopedic Surgery in New York, NY, Dr. Joseph Bax is an experienced physiatrist. Dr. Bax earned his graduate degree from the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, a part of Midwestern University. He went on to complete his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. Furthermore, he completed a fellowship in pain management at Englewood Hospital. He also completed a fellowship in interventional pain management at Beth Israel Medical Center. Dr. Bax is an affiliate of the Mount Sinai Hospital. He is triple board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain medicine as well as hospice and palliative care. He has extensive experience and expertise in all interventional spine procedures. Throughout his career, he has taken pride in training medical students, residents and fellows. Additionally, he has published multiple articles and presented locally and nationally at numerous conferences. Dr. Bax focuses on a patient-centered, hands-on, multidisciplinary approach in treating an array of painful conditions. His goal in treating patients is aimed at restoring physical function by developing individualized treatment plans and working closely with all members of the spine care team.
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Hospice and Palliative Care (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
- Pain Medicine (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
Education and training
- Medical School - Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, Fellowship in Pain Management
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Fellowship in Interventional Pain Management
Dr. Joseph Bax's office location
Mount Sinai Doctors Orthopedic Surgery
Mount Sinai Doctors - West 59th Street
425 West 59th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Patient reviews for Dr. Joseph Bax
Dr. Bax is professional with great bedside manners. He has a great sense of humor and makes yo feel secure.
My mom was the patient. I'm a physician. I've seen dozens of physicians over the years, and of course know many physicians. Basically, you can't teach what Dr. Bax embodies in the way he treats patients. Pain management is a tough job seeing desperately unhappy and ailing patients. I do not see how there could be a better more caring more kind better listener than Dr. Bax. My mom is elderly and has seen many doctors over the last 10 years. Dr. Bax is probably the best person she's ever seen over that period. If you have an unexplained or a persistent pain problem and need someone with great bedside manner, Dr. Bax is the best. Period.
A quick but thorough diagnosis of my back problems with follow up appointments and MRIs ad all types of scans immediately booked. He did seem a bit hurried but I didn't feel rushed or overlooked. Definitely going back for follow up appointments. An "A" so far.
Excellent diagnostician, excellent with pan injections, excellent repoire with pts. Good **** hands - knowledgeable compassionate.
Always treated well - professional.
Dr. Bax is highly professional and has helped me tremendasly throughout my many visits with him. He is compassionate, thorough, and diligent. I very much appreciate his work ethic, and would highly recommend him to anyone.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Amputation Prevention
- Amputation Rehabilitation
- Ankle Problems
- Arm Pain
- Back Injection
- Back Pain
- Back Problems
- Bulging / Protruding Disc
- Cerebral Palsy / Other Motor Disabilities
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Chronic Pain
- Compression Fracture
- More Procedures
- Aetna Physiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- Cigna Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Physiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Physiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Physiatrists
- More Insurances