About Dr. Joseph Goodman
Joseph Goodman, MD is board-certified in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck surgery by the American Board of Otolaryngology (ABOTO) and specializes in Head & Neck Surgery, specifically surgical oncology of the Head & Neck with functional reconstruction. After completing residency in Otolaryngology at The George Washington University Medical Center (GWUMC), Dr. Goodman completed fellowship in Head & Neck Oncologic Surgery and Microvascular Reconstruction at the University of Miami. He also specializes in thyroid and parathyroid Surgery, Trans Oral Robotic Surgery (TORS), skin cancers such as melanoma and squamous cell cancer, craniofacial trauma, and surgical treatment of salivary diseases, including salivary endoscopy. Dr. Goodman is an active member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery (AAOHNS), the American Head and Neck Society (AHNS), and the American College of Surgeons (ACS). He is joining us from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where he is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Uniformed Service University of Health Sciences (USUHS), and has been deeply involved in resident education through courses in anatomy, reconstruction and microvascular techniques. He has published on facial trauma and reconstruction and has presented nationally on melanoma and other skin cancers, trans oral surgery and resident education. His areas of research interest include: Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) related cancers, immunotherapy for Head & Neck cancers, and salivary gland function, with several active protocols. He has established a local chapter support group for Head & Neck cancer survivors with the national organization SPOHNC (Support for People with Oral, Head and Neck Cancer).
- Adventist Health
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- The George Washington University Hospital
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - Michigan State University, Doctor of Medicine
- George Washington University, Residency in Otolaryngology
- George Washington University (Internship)
- University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Fellowship in Otolaryngology and Microvascular Reconstruction
- American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery
- American Head and Neck Society
- American College of Surgeons
Dr. Joseph Goodman's office locations
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
9715 Medical Center Dr, STE 230
Rockville, MD 20850
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
2300 M St NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20037
Patient reviews for Dr. Joseph Goodman
Knowledgeable listener and capable problem-solver. I highly recommend Dr. Goodman.
El doctor muy amable, contestó todas mis preguntas, fue muy claro en sus explicaciones, muy profesional.
Highly informative! Great staff. Pleasant visit overall.
The experience in the doctors office was alright, but trying to get the MRI was a nightmare. I was supposed to get imaging done for one part of my body, but the order was written for another. I tried to call multiple times to get the order corrected but they assured me that they do it like this all the time and that the correct MRI would be taken if I use this form. After getting the MRI done, I tried to call to get the results but the doctor was out of town and they said another doctor would call me. A few days later I got the call, the doctor said they didn't have the images but just a report from the radiologist saying that the pictures were fine... but they were of my brain, eyes and face, when the pictures needed to be of my throat and collar bone. I understand that mistakes happen, but I called multiple times to get the order changed only to have an assistant convince me that the form would be fine to use, but clearly it was not.
Dr Goodman was very thorough in his explanation of BPPV treatment options. He listened to what I said and wasn't trying to prescribe medication or PT unnecessarily.
He was very knowledgeable, asked lots of questions, listened well and explained his plan of action. Very thorough.
Very thorough, personable, listened, and explained everything! Everything you want in a doctor! I'll definitely go to Dr. Goodman for any future ENT issues.
Dr Goodman is very personable and professional
Dr.Goodman and the whole team were amazing. Quick but adequate and really made sure I was comfortable and knew what was going on the whole time. I definitely plan on sticking with him for my needs!
Very pleasant visit. Got the job done!
Excellent doctor. Thorough and clear answers to my questions, never made me feel rushed. Staff was good too, just a highly competent and professional office overall.
Dr. Goodman was amazing. Was very gentle and I felt so comfortable with him. He explained things in detail and made me feel so much better. Had a camera stuck down my nose and he made me feel so calm. Will definitely be seeing him again and recommend him!
Dr Goodman has the most pleasing and attentive manner, soft touch and explains his procedures and diagnostics with thought and care.
- Atlanta, GA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Austin, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Chicago, IL Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Dallas, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Denver, CO Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Houston, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Jersey City, NJ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Los Angeles, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- New York, NY Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Philadelphia, PA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Phoenix, AZ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Antonio, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Diego, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Francisco, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Washington, DC Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Locations
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Allergy Consultation
- Allergy Follow Up
- ENT Consultation
- ENT Follow Up
- ENT Oncology Consultation
- Hearing Problems / Ringing in Ears
- Sinus Problems / Sinusitis
- Thyroid Surgery
- Airway Stenosis
- Allergy Shots
- Cancer Screening
- Chronic Cough
- Delayed Speech
- More Procedures
- Aetna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Cigna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Insurances