Dr. Julia Samton, MD
After graduating medical school from The Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 1998, Julia pursued residency training in Neurology and Psychiatry at New York Weill Cornell Medical Center. Julia’s unique dual board certification gives her perspective on both the medical and emotional aspects of the brain and mind. Her clinical expertise combines a deep scientific knowledge of neuroscience with more than a decade of clinical work. She has experience in diagnosing and treating a variety of psychiatric conditions with a range of psychopharmacological and psychotherapeutic approaches. She customizes her approach according to the individual needs of each client, combining aspects of her diverse training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In working with clients who are candidates for psychopharmacology, her knowledge of the brain pathways and neurotransmitters implicated in mood and behavior helps her select medications with optimal benefit and minimal side effects.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Neurology (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Doctor of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, Residency in Neurology and Psychiatry
The Midtown Practice
18 East 48th Street, Suite 1202
New York, NY 10017