Dr. Khanh Thieu, MD, FAAD
NEW PATIENT OFFICE POLICY: It is our office policy to charge for missed appointments or for appointments cancelled without 24 hours notice. If your insurance requires a referral, please obtain one prior to your visit. We are not responsible for obtaining your referral. New patients should arrive 15 minutes before appointment time and submit insurance information prior to the visit. ------------------ Dr. Khanh Thieu received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School. He trained in dermatology at Columbia University, where he also served as chief resident. Dr. Thieu is a native of the Philadelphia area and attended the University of Pennsylvania for college, where he graduated summa cum laude with dual bachelor degrees in economics and engineering. Dr. Thieu has graduated from Ivy League institutions at each level of his education. He is happy to be back in the Philadelphia suburbs to serve the community where he grew up. Dr. Thieu is board-certified in both dermatology and dermatopathology. His practice includes medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology and encompasses adult and pediatric patients. Dr. Thieu has presented at national dermatological conferences and has many publications in peer-reviewed dermatology and scientific journals. His most recent research has focused on the genetics of melanomas and squamous cell cancers, for which he received a research grant from the American Medical Association. Dr. Thieu's cosmetic expertise includes laser treatments, Botox, dermal fillers, body contouring, and cosmetic removal of moles and skin growths.
- Lankenau Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- American Board of Dermatology
- Dermatopathology (Dermatology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Harvard University, Doctor of Medicine
- Columbia University, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatopathology
Awards and publications
- Thieu KP, Tsao H. Neoplastic disorders of melanocytes. Pediatric Dermatology, 4th edition. London, UK: Mosby, 2011.
- Thieu KP, Tsao H. Genetics of non-melanoma skin cancer. Non-surgical Treatment of Keratinocyte Skin cancer. Berlin, Germany: Springer; 2009.
- Thieu KP. Dermatological diseases of newborns. Lippincott’s Primary Care Dermatology. Philadelphia, USA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010.
- Thieu K, Ruiz M, Owens DM. Cells of origin and tumor-initiating cells for nonmelanoma skin cancers. Cancer Letters. 2012 May 11.
1202 Foulk Rd, Suite A
Wilmington, DE 19803
109 North Eagle Road, Suite 2
Havertown, PA 19083