Dr. Marlow Hernandez, DO, MPH, FACP
Internist, Primary Care Doctor
Dr. Marlow Hernandez is the Director of the Vascular Institute at Cano Health. Dr. Hernandez obtained his undergraduate degree in Neuroscience from the University of Miami, his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University, and completed specialty training in Internal Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Florida (part of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation). He is Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine. Dr. Hernandez specializes in the treatment of varicose veins, phlebitis, stasis dermatitis, lower extremity ulcers and edema. He routinely performs outpatient endovenous laser ablation, radiofrequency ablation, multicoil insertion, phlebectomy, and sclerotherapy. Dr. Hernandez's main focus of research and practice has been in the diagnosis and treatment of complex medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, pulmonary disease, and diabetes. His research in Metabolic Syndrome produced Cano Health's popular Physician Supervised Weight Loss Program which guarantees 20lbs of weight loss in 4-8 weeks. Dr. Hernandez also practices fluoroscopic (X-Ray guided) injections of joints in order to alleviate Osteoarthritis, helping patients to avoid knee replacement surgery. Cano Health is a full service healthcare center with doctors, dentists, and chiropractors working as a team to provide high quality comprehensive care. In addition to primary care and urgent care, Cano Health offers special programs in the following fields: venous disorders, allergy, arthritis, obesity, and diabetes.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Primary Care Doctor
- Florida Hospital Waterman
- Kendall Regional Medical Center
- Kindred Hospital - South Florida - Hollywood
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke
- Memorial Hospital West
- Kindred Hospital - South Florida - Fort Lauderdale
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
Education and training
- Cleveland Clinic, Florida, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Nova Southeastern University, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Nova Southeastern University, Master’s in Public Health
- American College of Physicians
Awards and publications
- Hernandez MB, Chowdhury R, Cabrera J, Woods J. (2010). Treatment of suppurative lymphadenitis in a healthy 24-year-old male. The Journal of American Osteopathic Association, 111(1), 49-51.
- Hernandez MB, Schwartz RS, Asher CR, Navas EV, Totfalusi V, Buitrago I, Lahoti A, Novaro G (2013). Predictors of 30-day readmission in patients hospitalized with decompensated heart failure. Clinical Cardiology. In print.
- Novaro GM, Hernandez MB (2011). African american race/ethnicity and risk of post-operative atrial fibrillation. The American Journal of Cardiology, 108 (1), 172.
680 North University Dr
Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
13768 SW 8th St
Miami, FL 33184