About Dr. Marta E. Banegas
The treatment of children and adolescents has been the focus of my career. For over 20 years i have worked on inpatient units treating children and adolescents, at the same time working with medical students and residents in general psychiatry and child psychiatry. As this point in my professional career I am concentrating on the outpatient treatment of children and adolescents and healthy young adults. *Not accepting anyone over the age of 34 or under the age of 5.*
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras Facultad de Ciencias Medicas
- Hospital Materno Infantil (Residency)
- Illinois State Psychiatric Institute (Residency)
- Institute for Juvenile Research, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Illinois Council of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Marta E. Banegas's office locations
Marta Banegas, MD
4711 Golf Road, 1200
Skokie, IL 60076
Marta Banegas, MD
3000 N Halsted St, Ste 505
Chicago, IL 60657
Patient reviews for Dr. Marta E. Banegas
She was very thorough and knowledgeable.
Dr. Banegas was very attentive and compassionate.
The only psychiatrist I’ve ever met who has a personality and is very down to earth. She even made me laugh several times. She is a great doctor who actually listens.
Dr Banegas was excellent. She listened to understand concerns. Met with my daughter separately to hear her thoughts and build a relationship.
She asked great questions and was very comfortable to talk to you.
She was really understanding and was very easy to talk to!
Dr. Banegas does a great job at really getting to know you and spending the necessary time with a patient in order to make assessments.
Dr. Banegas was great. I felt very comfortable opening up to her, and she had a very non-judgemental (seemingly...I guess we never know) manner.
Incredibly kind and knowledgeable professional who asked insightful questions.
I have had a few prior doctors and I noticed right away she is knowledgable and doesn't act prestigious. Very good
Very kind, receptive and thorough, answered all my questions and explained everything.
She was welcoming, honest and to the point. Asked good questions but forgot to go back to my answers or tell me why she asked.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorder
- Hyperactive Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Medication Review
- Panic Attack
- Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- Pediatric Schizophrenia
- Pediatric Sexual Abuse Counseling
- Social Anxiety
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances