About Dr. Martin Schulman
Martin Schulman is an experienced and genial surgeon specializing in vascular surgery and serving his patients in Manhasset, Commack, and New York City. Dr. Schulman is certified by the American Board of Surgery, and he is currently serving as the executive director of The Deep Vein Foundation. In addition to many others, Dr. Schulman is a member of the International Society for Vascular Surgery, Nassau County Medical Society, and the American College of Angiology. Dr. Schulman began his medical education at the Albany Medical College. He began his medical residency at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center with a general surgery residency. Dr. Schulman served as a surgeon in the 97th General Hospital with the United States Army in Frankfort, Germany for two years. He then completed his cardiovascular surgery fellowship with the Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Schulman provides services such as vascular surgery, surgery consultations, varicose vein treatments, non-aortic aneurysm resolution, blood clot resolution and treatment, and carotid surgery. He sees patients experiencing inflammation and vein thrombosis, foot ulcers, and peripheral vascular disease, among many others.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vascular Surgeon
- American Board of Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Albany Medical College, Doctor of Medicine
- Bronx Municipal Hospital Center (Internship)
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Residency in General Surgery
- Baylor College of Medicine, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery
- International Society for Vascular Surgery
- Michael E. DeBakey International Surgical Society
- Nassau County Medical Society
Awards and publications
- Executive Director, The Deep Vein Foundation
- Publication: The superficial femoral vein as a bypass graft: Indications, techniques, results, morbidity, and spinoffs. "Current Critical Problems in Vascular Surgery" 1996
- Publication: The use of deep leg veins in vascular surgery: Historical perspectives, indications, techniques, and results. "Phlebo-Limphology" 1994
Dr. Martin Schulman's office locations
Schulman Vein Center
353 Veterans Memorial Hyw
Commack, NY 11725
Schulman Vein Center
1165 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10128
Schulman Vein Center
800 Community Drive, Suite 211
Manhasset, NY 11030
Patient reviews for Dr. Martin Schulman
Just moved to New York , and feel very fortunate to have found Dr, Schulman. Having been to many vein clinics over the years, I found his procedure to be fast effective, and painless. He also has a very courteous and professional staff.
The overall experience was excellent. Dr Shulman staff was very polite ans friendly. Dr Shulman was friendly, had excellent bedside manner, and was very very thorough. I highly recommend
Excellent bedside manner, very thorough, I had no doubt I was in very safe hands. Wonderful staff. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
TREATMENT WAS A PLUS FOR MY FATHER BUT I FEEL LIKE WE WERE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF FINANCIALLY. I SHOULD OF OPENED MY MOUTH IN THE OFFICE WHILE TREATMENT WAS TAKING PLACE BUT I WAS TOLD ONE THING AND TRUSTED THE WRONG PEOPLE. NEVER WENT BACK FOR A FOLLOW UP EITHER.
I have been a patient of Dr. Lee Schulman for a long time and would highly recommend him because he is an exceptional doctor. He is thorough, attentive, extremely knowledgable, has checked my arteries and kept me apprised of my health. My legs and hands are looking so much better because I am in his care. The results are terrific and I don't have pain. His staff BTW, are also exceptional people.
I don't think they were comfortable with Zoc Doc nor showed too much fondness about it.
Great Doctor! Very knowledgeable, very professional. Funny! And, everyone in the office is amazing too!
Very thorough and straightforward. Practically no wait time and flexible hours. Nearly painless procedure. Would recommend.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Bleeding Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Obstruction
- Endovenous Laser Treatment of Varicose Veins
- Fibromuscular Dysplasia
- Laser Vein Treatment
- May-Thurner Syndrome
- Pediatric Vascular Malformation
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Stent Consultation
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis
- Varicose Vein(s)
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- More Procedures