Dr. Muhammad Ali, MD
Dr. Ali earned his Medical Degree in Lahore, Pakistan and moved to the United States in 2005 to continue his medical training. He completed an Internal Medicine residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago and a Gastroenterology and Hepatology fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. Dr. Ali is skilled in all areas of Gastroenterology with special interests in colon cancer screening, GERD, Hepatology including Hepatitis B & C, management of inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Dr. Ali is also committed to the advancement of his field, having published and presented numerous Gastroenterology and Hepatology publications during his post graduate training. He is passionate about providing quality patient care in a compassionate and efficient manner. When not practicing medicine, Dr. Ali enjoys spending time with his wife and 2 young boys. He is an avid movie buff, traveler and self-proclaimed “techie”.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Master’s in Clinical and Translational Science
- Medical School - Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- University of Illinois, Chicago, Saint Francis Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Texas, Southwestern, Dallas, Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Awards and publications
- Gold Medal, Forensic Sciences - 1998
- Nominated for Best Inpatient Teaching Attending - Medical College of Wisconsin - 2010
Gastroenterology Consultants of San Antonio
11212 TX-151, Medical Plaza 1, Suite 250
San Antonio, TX 78251