Dr. Namyi Yu, MD
Dr. Namyi Yu is a board certified Endocrinologist specializing in the treatment of diabetes and endocrine disorders. She has special interest in treatment of patients with diabetes -both Type I and Type 2 and obesity. She graduated from MIT and completed medical school at the State University of New York- Syracuse in 2000. She completed her internal medicine residency training at the Montefiore Hospital of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Her Fellowship training in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism was at the Yale-New Haven Hospital between 2003 and 2006. She then became the Director of Weight Management Program and attending physician at the Winthrop University Hospital -Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism till 2014 when she opened a private practice.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Doctor of Medicine
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, Fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Montefiore Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Bachelor’s)
- Endocrine Society
- Obesity Society
Awards and publications
- Physician of the Year The Metropolitan New York Association of Diabetes Educators
- Implementation of a Safe and Effective Insulin Regimen to Manage Post-Cardiac Surgery Glycemic Control. System Quality Review Proceeding of the Symposium New York Presbyterian Healthcare System November 17, 2010
- Page KA, Williamson A, Yu N, et al. Medium Chain Fatty Acids Improve Cognitive Function in Intensively Treated Type 1 Diabetic Patients and Support in vitro Synaptic Transmission During Acute Hypoglycemia. Diabetes. 2009 May;58(5):1237-44.
- Vanhouten J., Yu N., et al. Hypercalcemia of Malignancy due to Ectopic Trans-Activation of the PTH Gene. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:580-583, 2006.
- Yu N., Inzucchi S., Milite C. Evidence Based Nephropathy Treatment. Practical Diabetology, Vol 24, No.4, Dec.2005.
Diabetes and Endocrine Care of Long Island, PLLC
175 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 300
Syosset, NY 11791