Dr. Nathan Monhian, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor, Head & Neck Surgeon
Dr. Monhian received his undergraduate education at Yeshiva University, where he received his Bachelors degree with honors (Magna Cum Laude). He received his Ivy-League medical training at Cornell University Medical College, graduating with high honors. This allowed him to be elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honors society at Cornell. He received his surgical training in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Head and Neck Surgery at the highly acclaimed University of California at San Francisco (UCSF), widely renowned as one of the best medical centers in the country. After completion of his internship and residency, Dr. Monhian continued his training at UCSF as Chief Resident. He then continued his advanced training in Facial Plastic, Cosmetic, and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Michigan, one of the most reputable and highly-advanced medical centers in the country. His research at University of Michigan was recognized by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and received the acclaimed Sir Harold Delf Gillies Award for the most outstanding basic science research in the field. After completion of his training, Dr. Monhian returned to New York to establish his practice. He has authored many publications on various facial cosmetic surgery procedures and has been an invited speaker at national and international Facial Plastic Surgery meetings. Dr. Monhian is among a select few physicians and surgeons to have multiple board certifications. He is certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Head & Neck Surgeon
- Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
- Franklin Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- North Shore University Hospital
- Winthrop-University Hospital
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - Cornell University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, San Francisco, Residency in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- University of Michigan, Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Yeshiva University (Bachelor’s)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Monhian N, Jewett BS, Baker SR, Varani J.Matrix Metalloproteinase Expression in Normal Skin Associated With Basal Cell Carcinoma and in Distal Skin from the Same Patients. Archives of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2005 Jul-Aug; 7(4):238-43.
- Maas CS, Monhian N, Shah SB. Implants in rhinoplasty. Facial Plastic Surgery, 1998;13(4): 279-290.
- Monhian N, Murr AH, Mandpe AH. Oral and nasal lesions as the initial manifestations of syphilis. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 2001;127(2):217-219.
Nathan Monhian, MD
935 Northern Boulevard, Suite 302
Great Neck, NY 11021