Dr. Neil Brodsky, MD, FACP
Neil M. Brodsky, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He received his B.A. from Franklin and Marshall College and his M.D. from the New York University School of Medicine. Dr. Brodsky completed his Gastroenterology fellowship at SUNY Downstate Medical Center , as well as an advanced Hepatology fellowship at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in NYC. His internal medicine training was at both New York University Medical Center, and NYH/Queens, where he was selected as chief medical resident. He is an Attending Physician at North Shore University Hospital/Manhasset, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, and New York Hospital/Queens and is actively involved in the teaching of gastroenterology fellows at these institutions. He holds a faculty appointment as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Medical College of Cornell University. His interests include colorectal cancer screening, peptic ulcer disease, inflammatory bowel disease , as well as the care and treatment of patients with liver disease. Dr. Brodsky performs endoscopy, colonoscopy, capsule endoscopy, as well as 48-hour wireless pH studies (BRAVO pH probe). Dr. Brodsky is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association, the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, the NY Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the American College of Physicians and the Medical Society of the State of New York.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- New York Hospital Queens
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- New York Hospital Queens, Residency in Internal Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Fellowship in Hepatology
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- New York University Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- American Gastroenterological Association
Awards and publications
- Brodsky, N Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Practical Diabetology 2005; 24, 427 – 33
- Brodsky, N, Winters, H. Perforation of the Esophagus. In : Hurst, JW, Editor-In-chief. Medicine for the Practicing Physician. Norwalk: Appleton and Lange, 1996. 990-991.
- Golub R, Brodsky N, et al. Same- Session Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography and Cholecystectomy. Surg Lap End Perc Tech 2000; 10: 272 – 274
- Mar N, et al. Multiple Lymphomatous Polyposis as a Sole Presentation of Mantle Cell Lymphoma, J Clin Gastroenterol 2006 ; 40,7 653 – 654
Palmadessa & Brodsky Gi Associates
24102 Northern Blvd
Douglaston, NY 11362