Dr. Omar Durrani, MD
Further information including help making an appointment, please visit the website: www.durranimd.com. Patients seeking an appointment can fill out an on-line appointment request form and will receive a phone call from the office within hours to schedule an appointment at their earliest convenience. Dr. Omar Durrani is certified by the American Board of Urology. He graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans. He completed his Surgery internship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and his residency in Urologic Surgery at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Massachusetts. He also completed a fellowship in Laparoscopy/Endo-urology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, where he was Clinical Instructor in Urology for the same period. Dr. Durrani and his staff specialize in the treatment of patients with a variety of urologic disorders including in-office vasectomy, minimally-invasive treatments for men with BPH (voiding problems due to an enlarged prostate) such as the UroLift procedure, and the treatment of men and women with overactive bladder.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
- West Houston Medical Center
- American Board of Urology
Education and training
- Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, Residency in Urology
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Residency in General Surgery
- Medical School - Tulane University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Fellowship in Robotics, Laparoscopy, and Endourology
- American Urological Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
Awards and publications
- -Chair of Surgery 2015-2017: West Houston Medical Center
- -Chief-of-staff elect 2018-2019
- "Rated Top Urologist" in the 2017 Issue of Living Magazine's Memorial Reader's Choice Winners.
- "Physician of the Year," 2012, West Houston Medical Center
- "Surgeon of the Quarter," Q1 and Q2 2013, West Houston Medical Center
Durrani MD and Associates, PA
12121 Richmond Ave, #221
Houston, TX 77082