Dr. Ontario Lau, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
Ontario Lau is a concerned and attentive ear, nose & throat doctor serving the community of Burleson, TX. Dr. Lau attended Vanderbilt University, where he received his medical degree, and completed his residency in otolaryngology at the University of California in Los Angeles. Dr. Lau is a part of Huguley and is affiliated with Texas Health Huguley Hospital in Fort Worth, TX. Dr. Lau is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. He speaks Spanish, Persian, Japanese, and Korean fluently, which makes him widely accessible to patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Dr. Lau exhibits his passion for otolaryngology in the care and precision he takes with his patients. He is sensitive to the uniqueness of each patient's situation and adapts his consultations and treatment options appropriately to accommodate individual needs and concerns.
- Adventist Health
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Huguley Memorial Medical Center
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - Vanderbilt University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Residency in Otolaryngology
- State University of New York, Stony Brook (Bachelor’s)
Awards and publications
- Hu D, Lau O, Wang L, Wang G, Schaue D, Zhu L ,Huang M ,Lin Y, Dennis M , Abemayor E, Elashoff D, Dubinett S, McBride W, Sharma S, Wu B, St. John M. A Novel Modular Polymer Platform for the Treatment of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma (HNSCC) in an Animal Model. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. In press
- Lau OD, Kundu TK, Soccio RE, Ait-Si-Ali S, Khalil EM, Vassilev A, Wolffe AP, Nakatani Y, Roeder RG, Cole PA. HATs off: selective synthetic inhibitors of the histone acetyltransferases p300 and PCAF, Molecular Cell.2000 Mar; 5(3): 589-95.
- Lau OD, Courtney AD, Vassilev A, Marzilli LA, Cotter RJ, Nakatani Y, Cole PA. p300/CBP-associated factor histone acetyltransferase processing of a peptide substrate. Kinetic analysis of the catalytic mechanism. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2000 Jul 21; 275(29): 21953-9
- Lau OD, Bhuta S, Smart CN, Kirsch CM, St John MA. Radiology quiz case 1. Metastatic cutaneous angiosarcoma of the scalp with perineural spread. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010 Apr;136(4):411-3.
- Lau OD, Nabili V, Lai C, Kirsch CF, Tantiwongkosi B, Abemayor E. Pathology quiz case 1. Diagnosis: Sinonasal malignant Triton tumor (MTT) with intracranial extension. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010 Sep;136(9):929-31
Ontario Lau, MD
12001 S Fwy, Suite 209
Burleson, TX 76028