About Dr. Ontario Lau
Ontario Lau is a concerned and attentive ear, nose & throat doctor. Dr. Lau attended Vanderbilt University, where he received his medical degree, and completed his residency in otolaryngology at the University of California in Los Angeles. Dr. Lau is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. He speaks Spanish, Persian, Japanese, and Korean fluently, which makes him widely accessible to patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Dr. Lau exhibits his passion for otolaryngology in the care and precision he takes with his patients. He is sensitive to the uniqueness of each patient's situation and adapts his consultations and treatment options appropriately to accommodate individual needs and concerns.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Nyack Hospital
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - Vanderbilt University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Residency in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- University of California, Los Angeles, Internship in General Surgery
- State University of New York, Stony Brook (Bachelor's)
Awards and publications
- Hu D, Lau O, Wang L, Wang G, Schaue D, Zhu L ,Huang M ,Lin Y, Dennis M , Abemayor E, Elashoff D, Dubinett S, McBride W, Sharma S, Wu B, St. John M. A Novel Modular Polymer Platform for the Treatment of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma (HNSCC) in an Animal Model. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. In press
- Lau OD, Kundu TK, Soccio RE, Ait-Si-Ali S, Khalil EM, Vassilev A, Wolffe AP, Nakatani Y, Roeder RG, Cole PA. HATs off: selective synthetic inhibitors of the histone acetyltransferases p300 and PCAF, Molecular Cell.2000 Mar; 5(3): 589-95.
- Lau OD, Courtney AD, Vassilev A, Marzilli LA, Cotter RJ, Nakatani Y, Cole PA. p300/CBP-associated factor histone acetyltransferase processing of a peptide substrate. Kinetic analysis of the catalytic mechanism. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2000 Jul 21; 275(29): 21953-9
- Lau OD, Bhuta S, Smart CN, Kirsch CM, St John MA. Radiology quiz case 1. Metastatic cutaneous angiosarcoma of the scalp with perineural spread. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010 Apr;136(4):411-3.
- Lau OD, Nabili V, Lai C, Kirsch CF, Tantiwongkosi B, Abemayor E. Pathology quiz case 1. Diagnosis: Sinonasal malignant Triton tumor (MTT) with intracranial extension. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010 Sep;136(9):929-31
Dr. Ontario Lau's office locations
Crystal Run Healthcare
2 Centerock Road
West Nyack, NY 10994
Crystal Run Healthcare
855 Route 17M
Monroe, NY 10950
Patient reviews for Dr. Ontario Lau
He was very nice and explained everything very thoroughly.
I chose Dr Lau based upon a review I seen and it was right on point he is the most friendly and professional Dr Ive met in a long time. Easy to hold conversations with and address your health concerns. I will definitely recommend
He's so friendly and works hard to keep you informed and comfortable.
Very pleasant. Listened to my problem and gave several options. Very happy
Excellent doctor. Terrific bedside manner and very concerned with getting to the route of the problem. Super nice guy. Excellent bedside manner. I used him as an emergency as my regular EMT is out for holidays. Dr Lau will now be my regular EMT. Terrific doctor and gentleman.
1. Appointment time was 11 am..told doc is not there yet, should be only a few minutes late...then told be there in 10 minutes, nope not until 11 50 did he appear...just not in the building yet 2. seemed to focus on one aspect of the three relevant issues and he could not help with that one...others not spoken of 3. Waste of time and money, but others coujld not help on this matter. Just wanted a younger doctors opinion current with treatments...got nothing.
He was super friendly and easy to talk to. Highly recommend!
Good doctor. Very polite and lightens the mood well.
Great doctor! Would strongly recommend!
I thought he was awesome.He was very kind, patient and thoughtful. I would referred him to anyone that is needing a great ENT specialists.
Great doctor with excellent quality of work and service
- Atlanta, GA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Austin, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Chicago, IL Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Dallas, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Denver, CO Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Houston, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Jersey City, NJ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Los Angeles, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- New York, NY Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Philadelphia, PA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Phoenix, AZ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Antonio, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Diego, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Francisco, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Washington, DC Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Locations
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Allergy Consultation
- Allergy Follow Up
- ENT Consultation
- ENT Follow Up
- ENT Oncology Consultation
- Hearing Problems / Ringing in Ears
- Sinus Problems / Sinusitis
- Thyroid Surgery
- Airway Stenosis
- Allergy Shots
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Cancer Screening
- Chronic Cough
- Delayed Speech
- More Procedures
- Aetna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Cigna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Insurances