About Dr. Peter Wu
I am a psychiatrist skilled in psychotherapy (talk therapy, counseling, life coaching, and psychoanalysis). I specialize in helping people reach their full potential by answering difficult life questions such as, "What's happening," "What does this mean," and perhaps most importantly, "What should I do?" With years of clinical experience treating patients of all ages, from children to adults, I meet my patients where they are, and work to offer what they need, whether that be medication, short or long-term psychotherapy, or a combination that fits the person. I use evidence-based (scientifically proven) practices that are tailored to a person's lifestyle, family, and culture. I often ask myself, "If this person were my family member, what kind of care would I want for him or her?" Call today for a brief initial phone consultation. Feel free to leave a voicemail, as I will personally return your call within one business day. Same day and next day appointments available. Please note that I am considered out-of-network for insurance purposes in order to work with you for the amount of time and using the therapeutic approach that we agree is best. The standard fee for each session is $400 for 45 minutes. If appropriate, documentation can be provided to assist you in obtaining out-of-network reimbursement from your insurance company.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine, Residency in General Psychiatry
- New York University, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- The Center for Psychoanalytic Studies (Psychoanalysis)
- New York University, Institute for Psychoanalytic Education (Adult Psychodynamic Psychotherapy)
Dr. Peter Wu's office location
3355 W Alabama St, Suite 1180
Houston, TX 77098
Patient reviews for Dr. Peter Wu
Great first session. He is super friendly and always looking to offer the best comfort experience for us as Parents. Thank you.
He was very pleasant and easy to talk to!!
Dr. Wu is fantastic. Before the initial meeting, he called to get an idea of what was going on, and to let me know that he is not in network with any insurance. In the initial consultation, he provided outside resources that could help with the situation. I was very comfortable talking to him, and appreciated his medical view.
He was so nice and helpful and very upfront about the costs and what to expect during the appointment.
Dr. Wu establishes a safe environment to share sensitive issues. His patience, understanding, and easy manner make for a productive session every time. Most importantly, his insight and guidance set the scene for personal growth.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorder
- Hyperactive Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Medication Review
- Panic Attack
- Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- Pediatric Schizophrenia
- Pediatric Sexual Abuse Counseling
- Social Anxiety
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances