About Dr. Rande Lazar
Rande H. Lazar, M.D. has established himself throughout his career as an innovator in the medical field and a philanthropist within his community. Dr. Lazar has successfully described new pediatric procedures to the medical community and laid the groundwork for future physicians and researchers to build upon his work. When Dr. Rande Lazar arrived in Memphis he was the only fellowship-trained Pediatric Otolaryngologist in the Mid-South. At LeBonheur Children’s Medical Center he implemented and was a pioneer in this region for upper airway reconstruction procedures, i.e., cricoid splits and laryngotracheal reconstruction. Additionally, Dr. Lazar utilized state-of-the-art equipment which included CO2 lasers and KTP lasers for the airway. He and his group adopted endonasal sinus surgery for pediatric patients and were the first in the nation to publish in a peer reviewed journal on this procedure. Dr. Lazar’s work has stood the test of time in all these areas, as those procedures are still being done in much the same way as he described them and implemented them in the Mid-South.
- 1st Agency
- 20/20 Eyecare Plan
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Pediatric Otolaryngologist
- Saint Francis Hospital
- Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara Facultad de Medicina
- City University of New York, Brooklyn College (Bachelor’s)
- North Shore University Hospital, Residency in Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic, Residency in Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic, Residency in Otolaryngology
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology
Awards and publications
- Dr. Lazar is a reviewer for the Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery journal and serves on the Editorial Board for the Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, as well as, Editor for the Pediatric Otolaryngology Clinics of the Ear, Nose and Throat Journal
- Tuberculous lymphadenopathy masquerading as a bronchial foreign body. Pereira, K. D., Mitchell, R. B., Eyen, T. P., Lazar, R. H.; Pediatr Emerg Care. 1997 Oct.
- [Cancer mortality in smaller regions with different structures and conditions of air quality]. Möse, J. R., Pfeiffer, K. P., Eder, J., Lazar, R.; Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B. 1984 Aug.
Dr. Rande Lazar's office locations
791 Estate Place
Memphis, TN 38120
2996 Kate Bond Rd, Suite 407
Bartlett, TN 38133
1718 Parr Avenue, Suite D
Dyersburg, TN 38024
Patient reviews for Dr. Rande Lazar
Dr. Lazar is very nice. The wait was a little long but I guess that means he is good at what he does. I would go back to see him.
This is my first appointment with Dr. Lazar. The staff was extremely professional and polite. Dr. Lazar was bedside manner was professional and he did listen to me, which means a lot to me. I have a follow up appointment scheduled.
HORRIBLE VISIT!!!!. The doctor is rude and talks over you. He wouldn't let me finish explaining my symptoms before he left the room. I wouldn't visit this place again if it was the last place on earth. I'd rather suffer a few more days until I could find a more friendlier doctor. He will never get another dime from me. A WASTE OF TIME!!!! DO NOT VISIT HIS OFFICE!!! RUN!!!!!
Made me feel welcomed as a new patient. Very courteous staff.
My nostril has been blocked for about a month now, so I got an appointment to Dr Lazar, like his style.
Very knowledgeable, patient, and caring!!! Would definitely recommend this Doctor!!
He is a great doctor
Dr. Lazar was awesome and very friendly.
Professional and to the point. Feel my issues will be resolved.
My problem was residue in my ear after an ear infection treated by my primary care doctor, So, removing the residue was done by the nurse making my visit unsatisfactory for evaluating Dr. Lazar. Dr. Lazar only appeared briefly. The nurse seemed very thorough, competent, and friendly enough.
Not a long wait considering the office was full when I arrived. Very pleased and happy that I chose this doctor off the internet.
Helpful doctor! Just be prepared to wait. I arrived 10-15 early for my appointment and wasn't called back for close to an hour. However, once I was taken back there was not a lot of waiting!
Dr. Lazar was very professional. His staff was nice and courteous. Once in the room, things went quickly and smoothly. There was a solution/diagnosis, and I was on my way
My 3 year old son was very comfortable around him. Lazar came right in got to business, prescribed medication, and helped us get a surgery scheduled. Also helped with trying to get us a referral for allergy test.
I was in and out. He recognized the problem right away
Dr. Lazar is an excellent doctor. He knows the correct treatment for you condition. I would highly recommend him for patients of all ages. My daughter not only received her ear tubes from him, the only ones she needed, but he also took our her tonsils as well as mine. She was 4 and I was 34.
Love him..he always gets me well
Very thorough and knowledgeable. Compassionate about his patients.
Normally it is okay this particular visit. I inquired about my account I wanted know the balance. Instead of me getting an answer they ask to have a seat wait to be call to get an answer. Pertaining your account in advance before you are render service is unexcusable period.
Dr. Rande Lazar is an excellent, caring, knowledgeable ENT. Highly recommended. I went for my daughter’s recurrent hearing, congestion, sore throat, sinus problems. He recommended tonsils and adenoids out as well as tubes in her ears. I am satisfied with his recommendation since my daughter has had recurrent unresolved issues with this this year.
The doctor was an hour and half late.
Super nice guy, knew exactly what he was doing and treated my condition immediately. The only problem was the wait time. My appointment was at 12:30 and i didn't see the doctor till 2. I think that is ridiculous especially when you have an appointment time. There should not be that much of a delay.
The nurse didn't call in my medication to the pharmacy. So now I don't have any medicine and no way to get it now.... I don't feel good at all.
Dr. Lazar was very nice and straight to the point with the examination. I look forward to more visits. Also good to be able to pay out of pocket.
Dr Lazar and his staff always provide excellent care. They treat you like family and are very caring, courteous, and professional.
I thought he was very professional and very informative. I had been stressing for over a week from what other doctors had told me. He eased my mind. I am so glad I done an internet search and found him. I will definitely sleep better tonight.
Dr. Lazar did one of my daughter's surgery as well as treats me and we love him and his office nurses and staff!!
Straight forward and to the point.
It appears Dr. Lazar does not have Thurs appts at the Bartlett location even though I was able to book one online.
He was very objective and to-the-point. That is usually a positive thing, but when delivering news that might change the rest of a patient's life it might be nice to soften the blow a bit.
Dr. Lazar is very thorough and is the best ENT in the Memphis area.
I felt comfortable. He showed interest in getting my ear well.
Really appreciate the quick appointment.
Made an appointment thru Zoc Doc and when I got there told me I had no appointment. Office was very disorganized. Glad they did not have an appointment for me. I will see someone else that can keep track of appointments.
The staff was very professional and the Doctor exceptional. Explained everything about treatment and medication fully!! I look forward to the follow up appointment!!
Service was great. Dr. Lazar was precise and to the point!
He quickly diagnosed my problems and prescribed the right medication
Good visit, and I liked the doctor. It took a while to be seen, but once I got called back it went quickly. I don't think the person who checked me in really understood zocdoc. It took her 30 minutes to give me forms to fill out after I got there, and then called me back again because she couldn't find the appointment. Maybe she was just new, or maybe I should have called to make the appointment instead of doing it online. It all got figured out in the end, and I was able to make the appointment for the very next day thanks to zocdoc, which I couldn't do at other offices.
Great experience! Professional service. Dr Lazar and the staff were friendly and informative. Excellant!
He was very friendly and brief
Great attitudes. Always smiling. Felt right at home.
Wait time was awful Doctor is always in a rush the first time I got a scope I got my nose sprayed to numb my passages so I wouldn't feel it not this time I was telling the doctor he was hurting me and I'm constantly being told to take medication that's helping me
He was very friendly and helpful! I didn't have a long wait time to see him when I made it to the back. He's very quick!!!
Called today and got in right away. Office was dated but the staff was personal and prmpt.
Dr. Lazar took my condition seriously, listened to my description, and asked questions. He sent me for further testing and bloodwork. He seemed very knowledgable and willing to help. The only thing I believe needed to be improved was the patient confidentiality. The nurse was very loud and I could hear her calling a patient's information to another doctor's office which included the patient's name, date of birth, condition, etc. Just something they need to be aware of.
- Atlanta, GA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Austin, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Chicago, IL Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Dallas, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Denver, CO Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Houston, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Jersey City, NJ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Los Angeles, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- New York, NY Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Philadelphia, PA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Phoenix, AZ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Antonio, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Diego, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Francisco, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Washington, DC Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Hearing Problems / Ringing in Ears
- Nose Problems
- Hearing Test
- Hoarseness / Voice Disorder
- Nose Bleed / Epistaxis
- Pediatric Audiology Consultation
- Pediatric Audiology Follow up
- Pediatric Ear, Nose, or Throat Problem
- Pediatric Ear Pain
- Pediatric ENT Emergency
- Pediatric Fluid in Middle Ear / Otitis Media
- Pediatric General ENT Consultation
- Pediatric General ENT Follow Up
- Pediatric Hearing Problems
- More Procedures
- Aetna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Cigna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Insurances