Dr. Sogol Jahedi, MD
Dr. Jahedi will be the first to admit that her annual visit to the gynecologist is not something that she looks forward to! Given the importance of Pap smears, mammograms and other preventive care, however, that annual exam can be life saving. For this reason, we at Advanced Gynecology aim to make visiting the gynecologist as pleasant an experience as possible. Our mission is to provide excellent, personalized care in a relaxed office environment. Dr. Jahedi has a genuine love for teaching and was the recipient of multiple teaching awards during her residency. She participates in the residency teaching program at Lutheran General Hospital and takes an active role in teaching medical students and residents, and her own patients! She believes strongly that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Being educated about your health leads to more informed decision making in every aspect and stage of your life. Dr. Jahedi is a Chicago native. She grew up as the oldest of seven children in the Bridgeport neighborhood. She currently lives in Barrington with her husband and daughter. Like most working moms, she juggles the challenges of family and career. She is fortunate in that she enjoys doctoring- and motherhood- both very much. In her free time she likes to read, write, cook and travel.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical School - University of Illinois, Chicago, Doctor of Medicine
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Central Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Chicago Medical Society
Awards and publications
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Resident Teaching Award, 2008
- Winner of Community Hospital Award, Central Association of OB/GYN, 2010
Advanced Gynecology, S.C.
250 W Kensington Rd, Ste 1B
Mt Prospect, IL 60056