Dr. Susie Lew, MD
Susie Lew, MD, is a professor of Medicine and the Director of Clinical Services. She is Medical Director for Peritoneal Dialysis at DaVita K Street. Dr. Lew received her B.S. from Brooklyn College and her M.D. from SUNY Downstate Medical Center. She completed her medical education in Internal Medicine at Brookdale Medical Center and her fellowship in Nephrology at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Dr. Lew has been recognized as ‘Top Doctor’ from the Washingtonian Magazine since 2004. Her clinical interest includes peritoneal dialysis, where she cares for the largest number of peritoneal dialysis patients in the DC area. She is also interested in pregnancy related kidney diseases and hypertension, as well as, chronic kidney disease. Dr. Lew partners with industries to evaluate the safety and clinical utility of new therapies and exploring new indications for existing drugs. She serves as a grant reviewer for the National Institute of Health, as well as, a site principal investigator (PI) for multi-center pharmaceutical studies in the areas of anemia, iron therapy, chronic kidney disease, and nutritional supplement. Her expertise is sought by scientific journals in the area of peritoneal dialysis. Finally, she was involved in several trials evaluating safety and efficacy of new dialyzers, dialyzer reuse, and new dialysis techniques.
- Adventist Health
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Nephrology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Doctor of Medicine
- Brooklyn College (Bachelor's)
- The Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Fellowship in Nephrology
Awards and publications
- Dr. Lew has been recognized as ‘Top Doctor’ from the Washingtonian Magazine since 2004.
GWMFA - Nephrology
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
22nd St NW and I St NW, 3rd Fl
Washington, DC 20037