About Dr. Thomas Troost
If you are experiencing shortness of breath, chest pain or any other emergency, please call 911. Thomas Troost is a reliable and considerate ear, nose & throat doctor caring for the Washington, DC community. Dr. Troost attended Georgetown University, where he earned his degree in medicine. He completed his internship in general surgery at Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Troost completed a fellowship in microbiology at the Institute of Genetics and completed his residency in otolaryngology and head and neck surgery at Georgetown University Hospital. He also holds a PhD degree in microbiology from Georgetown University. Dr. Troost is affiliated with the George Washington University Hospital in Washington, DC. He is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and is a member of the American College of Surgeons. Patients see Dr. Troost for a variety of reasons, including ENT consultations, ear infection, vertigo, sinus problems, and snoring. Dr. Troost is recognised as one of the best doctors in America – Southeast section and has been listed as one of the top doctor by Washington Magazine. His approach to his patients is one of diligence, solutions, and relief. **All self pay patients are expected to pay for services in full at the time of their visits.**
- Adventist Health
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- The George Washington University Hospital
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - Georgetown University, Doctor of Medicine
- Washington Hospital Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Georgetown University Hospital, Residency in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- Institute of Genetics, Moscow, Fellowship in Microbiology
- Georgetown University, PhD in Microbiology
- Yale University (Bachelor’s)
- American College of Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Georgetown University award for Teaching, Excellence, and Dedication to Otolaryngology Resident Education - 1994
- Washington Magazine “Top Doctors in Washington” – 2014
- Best Doctors in America – Southeast Section - 1996
- Washington Post Magazine “Best Physicians” - 2013
- Checkbook Magazine “Top Doctors in Washington” - 2008
Dr. Thomas Troost's office location
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
2300 M St NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20037
Patient reviews for Dr. Thomas Troost
Exactly what I needed.
Dr. Troost was very helpful, and this appointment was a model of efficiency.
I was in an out of the office in 15 minutes! Very quick and efficient. Dr. Troost was kind and knowledgable.
Dr Troost is very through and a great listener.
Excellent treatment, perfect advice, very good treatment, one of best interactions ever.
Professional but relaxed. Puts one at ease.
Dr. Troost reviewed my procedure notes from another doctor, asked me several questions, performed a review of the area in question and made the appropriate recommendations.
Although the Dr. Was great the front desk was unprofessional. Holding a finger up and asking me to wait. She was on a personal call . I couldn't hear her laughing and talking about the pervious night out. This would be the reason I woild not like to revisit the office.
The front desk staff was professional and courteous and I waited less than five minutes before I was called into an Exam Room. There they had magazines and everywhere was clean and kept!
Dr. Troost was professional, efficient, and delightful. I had great confidence in his clinical skills and was particularly impressed with his patience and communication skills. He answered all my questions respectfully and thoroughly and at just the right level of understanding. And he has a sense of humor. What's not to like?
He was very professional and attentive to my issues and concerns. He explained things well, including options if the initial recommendations were not satisfactory.
Professional and courteous staff--even researched my co-pay to make sure it was accurate! Quiet waiting area/lobby. Doctor Troost was patient and took time to listen and answered all the questions.
Dr. Troost's calm, professional demeanor made me feel much more comfortable than I had anticipated. As a singer I was feeling a little bit nervous about getting my first laryngoscopy, but his level of experience is clear, and I knew I was in great hands once I met him.
He was good and straight to the point about my snoring. He made the options and potential follow-up clear and I feel confident about what to do moving forward.
He is a professional and true expert in diagnosis the problem and share information with patients. Great appreciation to Dr. Troost!
Dr. Troost was very kind, knowledgeable and made me feel at ease
As always, informative, professional, prompt and friendly. Really great!
Thoroughly reviewed the problem and prescribed medicine and recommended follow up if needed
I am a professional singer, and Dr. Troost has specific knowledge of singer's issues.
As a professional singer, going to an ENT is a scary and important ordeal. Troost was HIGHLY recommended and I can only continue that high praise!
I had a great first impression with Dr. Troost! Experienced and knowledgeable, very objective. Took care of all my concerns and explained in a very clear manner.
Knowledgeable and thoughtful physician...front desk staff were highly efficient.
Great- no long lines (just short ones that moved fast) Dr. Troost took the time to explain everything. Calm, reassuring and unhurried.
Very pleasant to be with.
I love Doctor Troost. I have been hos patient for a few years now and he remember me even if i dont go to have my ear earrigation on a regular. Hes very gentle and he make me feel so comfortable.
Very knowledgeable doctor!
Had a very pleasant visit after a laps of 7 year, when I saw him only once. Dr Troost picked right where he'd left off and quickly evaluated my case, including few complications in other specialties. Reviewed several possibilities before giving his diagnosis. I knew I was in competent hands and someone who really cared. He is thorough and exceptional, one the finest at GW!
Friendly office staff and Dr. Troost was very helpful in outlining a plan for me.
My visits with Dr Troost are always helpful. Great bedside manner, I rarely have waited more than a few minutes in the waiting room. I feel I have a good rapport with him.
I've been seeing Dr Troost for 10+ years and he is GREAT. Dr Troost ranks up in the top 5% of the ENT doctors I've seen during the last 40+ years of seeing dozens of ENT doctors since I developed serious ENT issues as a child. He gets right to the point and does a great job.
Very quick, but careful. Everyone, doctor included, very courteous.
This was my first visit with Dr. Troost. He plenty of time to answer my questions, and he was very knowledgeable about the impact of medications in the voice. I chose him at the recommendation of other professional opera singers, and I would recommend him to my colleagues.
Great doctor, great office - I highly recommend.
The Doctor was very promt. He also new a little about me before coming into exam room. Doctor addressed all of my concerns, and was very professional, anf knowleable I am very happy with my visit!
1. Connected well with Dr Troost. Went away feeling very relieved. The only negative is that he saw me around 1:50pm, when the appointment was for 1:30, which is probably now par for the course, if not, better than par.
He diagnosed and successfully treated me for a serious issue that several other ENTs could neither recognize nor treat.
I arrived a few minutes early and was seen before my appointment time. Dr. Troost is knowledgeable, friendly and a good communicator.
Dr. Troost is so experienced and thoughtful. He listened carefully as I explained all of my symptoms. Within minutes he made very helpful recommendations and a thorough follow up plan. Great doctor !
Dr. Troost met with me only minutes after my appointment time. He asked for the purpose of my visit, listened, and allowed all the time I wanted to mutually discuss my issues. I did not feel rushed. We had a person-to-person dialog, my questions and concerns were addressed and not belittled.
Dr. Thomas Troost was EXCELLENT! I went in after a bad fall that injured my nose. All the fears I had prior to this visit were gone after he sat and explained what he saw and what the process would be going forward I would definitely recommend Dr. Troost to any of my friends if they found themselves needing this type of specialized medical care. Thanks Dr. Troost! Vernestine Strickland * The Reading Teacher who fell after a College field trip with my students)
The visit went very well. I had seen Dr. Troost a couple of times and he is very good.
Didn't feel rushed and Dr. Troost really listened to my concerns.
Never have had to wait. Very personable, patient, and attentive. No problems. Highly recommended.
This was my first visit with Dr. Troost and he was great! Very kind, professional and informed. Seemed to fully understand my issues and came up with a good treatment plan.
No waiting around to see him. Once I did see him, he went directly to the point, gave me the treatment that was needed (and after telling me why) and told me what to expect, when and what to do about it. Extremely pleasant throughout. Begat more can one expect from a doctor? To my mind, nothing.
He asked many relevant questions and gave pertinent, helpful answers. He clearly explained the procedure he was going to do and alleviated any discomfort. Great first appointment.
- Atlanta, GA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Austin, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Chicago, IL Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Dallas, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Denver, CO Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Houston, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Jersey City, NJ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Los Angeles, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- New York, NY Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Philadelphia, PA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Phoenix, AZ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Antonio, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Diego, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Francisco, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Washington, DC Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Locations
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Allergy Consultation
- Allergy Follow Up
- ENT Consultation
- ENT Follow Up
- ENT Oncology Consultation
- Hearing Problems / Ringing in Ears
- Sinus Problems / Sinusitis
- Thyroid Surgery
- Airway Stenosis
- Allergy Shots
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Cancer Screening
- Chronic Cough
- Delayed Speech
- More Procedures
- Aetna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Cigna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Insurances