About Dr. Angel Caraballo
Dr. Angel Caraballo is a double board-certified adult, adolescent and child psychiatrist in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Previously, he was an Assistant Professor at Columbia University Medical Center and served as Medical Director of the New York Presbyterian Hospital-Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital School Based Mental Health Program. He is also the Inmediate Past President for the New York Council on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Dr. Caraballo specializes in adult and child ADHD, anxiety disorders, mood disorders, cross-cultural issues, child development, parenting, and school related issues. He has a particular passion for serving LGBTQ youth and persons of color and offers sessions in English and Spanish. Dr. Caraballo takes a psychodynamic approach with his clients, drawing from his extensive training in adult psychodynamic psychotherapy at the Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research. He is also currently training in Transference Focused Psychotherapy at Columbia Psychoanalytic Center. For patients with conditions that could improve with medications, he offers the convenience of both therapy and medications. He values working collaboratively with his clients and their families to identify obstacles, find solutions, and take action to achieve goals. Dr. Caraballo completed his adult psychiatry training at the Stony Brook University Medical Center, and his child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at the New York Presbyterian Hospital of Columbia and Cornell Universities. With a strong commitment to his profession, he is actively involved in the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the American Psychiatric Association, regularly attending and giving presentations to these and other organizations.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Instituto Tecnológico de Santo Domingo (INTEC) Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, Stony Brook University Hospital, Residency in Psychiatry
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research (Adult Psychodynamic Psychotherapy)
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Awards and publications
- Board Member, New York Council of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Columbia University, Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research (Adult Psychodynamic Psychotherapy)
Dr. Angel Caraballo's office location
Angel Caraballo, M.D.
140 W 86th St., Suite A4
New York, NY 10024
Patient reviews for Dr. Angel Caraballo
Thorough, polite, down to earth and caring - something you don't see much in this field. Highly recommended.
I had a wonderful experience meeting Dr. Caraballo!! He is extremely kind and patient, and he made me feel comfortable from the moment I arrived at his office. This was my first time meeting Dr. Caraballo, but I was so happy with my consultation that I will be going back for a second session! As others have mentioned in the reviews, he is very expensive, but Dr. Caraballo showed immediate understanding of my situation which reflected his knowledge and experience in psychiatry. I look forward to my next session!
Dr. Caraballo has a great bedside manner. He's easy to talk to him and really is interested in hearing what you have to say. He does not just listen he actually offers great and positive feedback.
The only Psychiatrist I have seen who has ever taken such thorough an approach toward a diagnosis and a treatment plan... Thorough.. Meticulous.. and yet warm and kind.. Oozes experience and exudes care.. This sounds too good to be true.. And it may well be ... Very expensive.. But he works with out of network and took plastic.. Expensive .. Worth it though.
Dr. Caraballo is a great guy and a good psychiatrist. He can really connect with his patients- not an easy thing with some teenagers! He is responsive and good with both kids and adults.
Tengo fe en Dios y en el Dr:Angel y se que con su alluda lograre superar mis problemas q just e tengo
Look forward to continuing my sessions with Dr. Caraballo.
Dr. Caraballo takes time to listen and meet you where you are. He's very patient and consultative with prescribing care.
Anyone who is a first time consumer should consider this provider. I had a very positive experience.
Dr. Caraballo made me feel very comfortable, and helped me gain insight and knowledge in dealing with my personal issues. This is the first time I have felt 100 percent comfortable discussing my problems with a doctor, and I highly recommend him.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorder
- Hyperactive Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Medication Review
- Panic Attack
- Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- Pediatric Schizophrenia
- Pediatric Sexual Abuse Counseling
- Social Anxiety
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances