Dr. David Brendel, MD, PhD
My practice welcomes adults with a wide range of personal issues including depression, mood swings, anxiety, relationship issues, attention deficits, sleep problems, disordered eating, and substance abuse. If you choose to work with me, I will conduct a thorough initial evaluation, establish a diagnosis, and make treatment recommendations. Depending on your individual situation, I may suggest psychotherapy and/or medication treatment with me or another clinician. My patients come from the Greater Boston area, throughout the United States, and around the world. I trained at Harvard Medical School and am the author of Healing Psychiatry: Bridging the Science/Humanism Divide (published by the MIT Press).
- Walden Behavioral Care
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Education and training
- Yale University (Bachelor’s)
- University of Chicago, PhD in Philosophy
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Residency in Psychiatry
- McLean Hospital, Residency in Adult Psychiatry
- Medical School - Harvard University, Doctor of Medicine
Awards and publications
- Healing Psychiatry: Bridging the Science/Humanism Divide (MIT Press)
David Brendel, MD, PhD
26 Trapelo Rd.
Belmont, MA 02478