Dr. Hans Agrawal, MD
Dr. Agrawal was educated at Harvard College, the Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and the Yale University School of Medicine. He trained in psychiatry at Harvard's Massachusetts General Hospital and McLean Hospital and was awarded the Mel Kayce Award for excellence in psychotherapy. He is a candidate in psychoanalysis at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute. Dr. Agrawal has been a clinical instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and has been on the psychotherapy faculty of the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute. He has taught undergraduates in the department of anthropology and the department of economics at Harvard University. Dr. Agrawal's clinical and academic interests include expanding creativity and freedom; concepts of play and aliveness; Lacanian ideas about desire; and critical social theory and cultural studies. He offers psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, intensive treatment of borderline personality disorder, psychopharmacology, as well as suboxone treatment for opiate addiction.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
Education and training
- Harvard University (Bachelor's)
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Residency in Psychiatry
- McLean Hospital, Residency in Psychiatry
- Medical School - Yale University, Doctor of Medicine
- Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
Awards and publications
- Harvard College Scholarship
- American Psychoanalytic Association Fellowship
- Mel Kayce Award for Excellence in Psychotherapy
- National Institutes of Mental Health Predoctoral Fellowship
- Harvard College, A.B., Magna Cum Laude
Hans R. Agrawal, M.D.
1218 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138