About John Sheppard
J.D. Sheppard, PT, DPT, is board-certified in orthopedic physical therapy. He is currently serving on the American Physical Therapy Association of Maryland’s board of directors as the Director of Government relations and has served previously as the director of practice. He began his PT training at Ohio University graduating in 2012. J.D. takes a special interest in treating runners and patients with lower extremity injuries including the foot and ankle. He also treats patient’s post-concussion. In addition to being a physical therapist, J.D. is also an avid runner. In high school he won the Ohio state championship in the 800m before going on to run for Youngstown State University. His love of running continued as a PT. He has taught continuing education courses on running and has developed his own foot and ankle course for physical therapists. He frequently gives educational talks to the public and has spoken at state and national physical therapy conferences. In 2017, he finished 18th in the Charleston Marathon. In his free time, he enjoys hiking and backpacking with his dog Scout.
- Physical Therapist
Education and training
- Ohio University, Doctor of Physical Therapy
John Sheppard's office location
ProFlex Physical Therapy
60 Market St, Suite 206
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Patient reviews for John Sheppard, DPT, PT
Proflex was perfect for my PT needs after knee replacement surgery.
Excellent - efficient and very effective.
JD and the whole staff is excellent.
I think that it was perfect.
JD is an excellent physical therapist and I highly recommend him. I saw him for a frozen shoulder and within a month, I had a wider range of motion and less pain.
Great visit; wonderful staff all around. Friendly; courteous and pleasant. He listens to your complaints.
JD always is kind, caring, professional funny. Very competent and patient.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Abdominal / Pelvic Therapy
- Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy
- Custom Splints
- Dry Needling
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (Physical)
- Heart Strengthening / Recovery
- Ligament Sprain
- Lung Strengthening / Recovery
- Mobility Therapy
- Movement Disorder Exercises
- Muscle Cramps
- Muscle Strain
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Pain Reduction Exercise
- More Procedures
- Aetna Physical Therapists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Physical Therapists
- Cigna Physical Therapists
- UnitedHealthcare Physical Therapists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Physical Therapists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Physical Therapists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Physical Therapists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Physical Therapists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Physical Therapists
- More Insurances