About Yoav Cohen
I am a Cornell trained licensed clinical psychologist specializing in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and I can help you learn highly effective tools to improve your mood, interpersonal relationships, manage your stress and anxiety, and live a happier life. I work with adults, adolescents, children and couples. CBT is a time-limited, practical, and active form of psychotherapy. I received my training at Weill Cornell Medical College and at the Beck Institute of Cognitive Therapy and am certified in CBT by the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. In my work with clients over the past 18 years I have seen that anxiety and mood disorders are very treatable in therapy. Often people experience significant relief from symptoms and meaningful improvements in the quality of their lives in a relative short period of time. With my expertise, and your hard work, together we can turn things around.
Education and training
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, PhD in Clinical Psychology
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Master’s in Clinical Psychology
- Cornell University, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Payne Whitney Clinic (Internship)
- Cornell University, Westchester Division, New York Presbyterian Hospital (Fellowship)
- Beck Institute, Master's in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Awards and publications
- Adjunct Clinical Supervisor, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- Diplomate, Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- Cornell Cognitive Therapy Clinic, Specialized Training in in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Personality Disorders Institute, Specialized Training in Transference Focused Psychotherapy (an Empirically Based Approach for the Treatment of Personality Disorders)
- North Shore University Health System, Training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety Disorder
Yoav Cohen's office location
Yoav Cohen, Ph.D.
23 West 73rd Street, Suite 101
New York, NY 10023
Patient reviews for Yoav Cohen, PhD
This doctor is a great listener. He has been extremely caring, helpful and insightful. He is an excellent psychologist. I am looking forward to every session. Wonderful experience!
I have had a very positive experience with Dr. Cohen during our time together. He listens to what I have to say and gives me helpful and professional insight. I strongly recommend Dr. Cohen.
Doctor Cohen is a wonderful professional. He accommodated my schedule and I never had to wait for an appointment.
Dr. Cohen is very helpful and I highly recommend him to everyone I know.
Dr. Cohen is a warm, intelligent and perceptive doctor. He listens closely and makes you feel comfortable. He is very active in his approach and has worked with me to set goals for my treatment and to develop a plan that we both agree to. I feel that this is very effective and works well for me.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Pre-Move In Couples Counseling
- Academic Psychology Testing
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cognitive Therapy
- Couples Conflict Resolution
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- Cigna Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychologists
- More Insurances