Dr. George Pliakas, DDS, MS
Dr.George Pliakas is a board-certified orthodontist committed to the highest level of care. He has been creating beautiful smiles in the New York area for over a decade and truly loves what he does. Be it with younger patients who are just growing into their smiles, or adults looking to transform theirs, "Dr.George" takes immense pride in his work. He enjoys working in private practice and is currently President of the Orthodontic Alumni Society of Columbia University.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Orthodontics
Education and training
- Columbia University, Master’s in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Dental School - Columbia University, Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Harvard University (Bachelor’s)
- American Dental Association
- New York County Dental Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- New York State Dental Association
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
Awards and publications
- Dr. Lawrence H. Meskin Journalism Award for Excellence in Dental Student Publications
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Key, National Dental Honor Society
- Herbert J. Bartelstone Award for Excellence in Pharmacology, presented by the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Highest Academic Achievement Award, presented upon graduation from Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Dean's list, Harvard University
Central Park Orthodontics
271A Central Park West, (Entrance on W.87th St)
New York, NY 10024