Dr. Alek Mishail, MD
Dr. Mishail graduated from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. From there, he completed his residency in General Surgery and Urology at Stony Brook University Medical Center. Subsequently, he spent an additional year completing robotic fellowship. Dr. Mishail has authored a number of articles in peer reviewed publications and presented his work at a number of national urology meetings. His expertise include robotic and reconstructive surgery, male and female incontinence, sexual dysfunction, and other aspects of Urology. Dr Mishail is a member of a prestigious Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons (GURS). He specializes in penile prosthetic and reconstructive surgery for erectile dysfunction, treatment of Peyronie's Disease, and post-prostatectomy incontinence. He is one of the few specialists who performs a combined operation for impotence and incontinence at the same setting. Dr. Mishail provides the highest quality patient care in a warm and professional environment. Our practice utilizes state-of-the-art urological techniques and computerized medical records. We are here to help you with all of your urological needs.
- New York Hospital Queens
- American Board of Urology
Education and training
- Medical School - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Doctor of Medicine
- Stony Brook University Medical Center, Residency in Urology and General Surgery
- Stony Brook University Medical Center, Fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
- American Urological Association
- Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Impact of a Second Semen Analysis on a Treatment Decision Making in the Infertile Men with Varicocele. Alek Mishail, Susan Marshall, David Schulsinger, and Yefim Sheynkin. Fertility and Sterility, May 2009, vol 91(5); 1809-1811.
- Optical Coherence Tomography Guided Cystoscopy in Diagnosis and Management of Clinical Bladder Tumors. Christopher S Lee, Alek Mishail, W. C. Waltzer, J. Liu, Z. Wang and Y. Pan. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2007 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings. Vol 25, No 18S, 2007: 15518.
- Unusual scrotal pathology: an overview. Henry Rosevear, Alek Mishail, Yefim Sheynkin, and Moshe Wald. Nature Reviews Urology, Sep 2009, Vol 6: 491-500.
Alek Mishail, MD
9971 65th Rd
Rego Park, NY 11374
Urologists by Location
Popular Insurances Accepted By Urologists
- Aetna Urologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Urologists
- Cigna Urologists
- UnitedHealthcare Urologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Urologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Urologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Urologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Urologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Urologists
- More Insurances