Dr. Brad Cucchetti, DO
Orthopedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Brad Cucchetti is a Board Certified and Sports Medicine Fellowship-trained Orthopedic Surgeon. He specializes in all aspects of orthopedic sports medicine and fracture care. He utilizes the latest arthroscopic techniques and minimally invasive approaches in treating kneet, shoulder, and hip injuries. He also performs complex ligament reconstructions of the knee, articular cartilage restoration, and total knee replacement. In many cases, Dr. Cucchetti can use minimally invasive approaches for many sports related injuries, resulting in less pain and faster recovery.. Dr. Cucchetti grew up in Grand Junction, Colorado. He attended Colorado State University where he earned his undergraduate degree and was also chosen as a Howard Hughes Biomedical Fellow. As an undergraduate, he also was a Fellow at St. Andrew Children’s Clinic in Sierra Leone, West Africa. He attended medical school at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, Missouri. He interned and and served his residency in orthopedic surgery at Grandview Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. Following completion of his residency, Dr. Cucchetti chose additional training in Orthopedic Sports Medicine at the renowned Florida Orthopedic Institute in Tampa, Florida. Dr. Cucchetti is married with three children. His wife Heather is a family practice physician. His two oldest children, Andrew and Isabella are active in club soccer and gymnastics. His youngest, Luke, is a 3 year old who generally runs the household. In his free time, Dr. Cucchetti enjoys mountain biking, weekend soccer games, fly fishing with his father, and downhill skiing with his family, and reading historical nonfiction. Dr. Cucchetti’s clinical approach is centered on each individual patient’s needs and ultimate goals.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Education and training
- Colorado State University (Bachelor's)
- Florida Orthopaedic Institute, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- Kettering Medical Center Network, Grandview Hospital, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Medical School - Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- Dr. Brad Cucchetti is board certified in sports medicine by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
Awards and publications
- “Non-Enzymatic Glycosylation (or Glycation) and Inhibition of the Pig Heart Cytosolic Aspartate Aminotransferase by Glyceraldehyde 3-Phosphate” J. Enzyme Inhibition (1999) 15:79-89
- “The Use of Digit Widget to Correct PIP Flexion Contractures in Dupytren’s Disease” Presented at the 22nd Annual AOAO Conference; October 22-26, 2005, Orlando Florida
- “Effects of Glyceraldehyde 3-Phosphate on the Protein Structure of Aspartate Aminotransferase.” Presented at the 5th Annual Meeting of the Oxygen Society: November 19-23, 1998, Washington, D.C.
4440 N 36th St, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85018