Donna Silbert, PhD
New York, NY
About Donna Silbert
Dr. Donna Silbert is a psychologist treating patients in New York City and the surrounding communities. Her primary goal as a practitioner is to ensure that each of her patients receives the highest available standard of care in a comfortable and supportive setting. Dr. Silbert is a member of professional organizations including the American Psychological Association. For her undergraduate degree, Dr. Silbert attended Haverford College, graduating magna cum laude. She pursued her Ph.D. in clinical psychology at the University of Michigan. Dr. Silbert continued her medical education at New York University, completing a postdoctoral program in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy. Patients visiting Dr. Silbert can receive a full range of psychological services. She provides psychodynamic psychotherapy, cognitive therapy, relationship counseling, anger management, and psychoanalysis. Treatment is available for issues including depression, anxiety, substance abuse, bipolar disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder. Dr. Silbert is particularly interested in issues relating to childhood sexual abuse and sexual assault.
Education and training
- University of Michigan, PhD in Clinical Psychology
- New York University (Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis)
- New York University, Certificate in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
- Haverford College (Bachelor’s)
- American Psychological Association
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
Awards and publications
- Barends A., Westen D., Leigh J., Silbert D., Byers S. (1990). Assessing affect-tone of relationship paradigms from TAT and interview data. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 2.
- 1989, Honors Awarded for Advanced Study Paper Preliminary to Dissertation. In the Name of Knowledge: How Psychoanalytic Theory Participates in Social Structures of Power.
- 1983, Phi Beta Kappa, Awarded Junior Year.
Donna Silbert's office location
Donna Silbert, Ph. D.
350 Central Park West, #1AD
New York, NY 10025
Patient reviews for Donna Silbert, PhD
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- More Specialties
- Academic Psychology Testing
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Pre-Move In Couples Counseling
- Aetna Psychologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- Cigna Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychologists
- More Insurances