About Dr. Eda Chao
Dr. Eda Chao is an experienced general pediatrician who has worked at the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center since 2004. Dr. Chao received her undergraduate degree from University of California at Berkeley and then attended medical school at University of California at San Diego. She continued at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center to complete her pediatric residency training in 2003. She is board certified with the American Board of Pediatrics, and currently a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Dr. Chao worked as a hospitalist at the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of Children's Hospital at the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center prior to joining the Health Center. She has a special interest in childhood obesity. Dr. Chao has actively promoted health lifestyles through community outreach events, workshops, and radio talk shows. Dr. Chao has been active in promoting child health outside of the USA by serving on several medical missions in China, Honduras, and Dominican Republic. Additionally, she is a black belt martial arts expert. She enjoys spending family time with her husband, young son, and daughter. Our Pediatricians at the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center strongly believe in the effectiveness of vaccines to prevent serious illnesses and to keep children healthy.
- American Board of Pediatrics
Education and training
- Medical School - University of California, San Diego, Doctor of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia University Medical Center, Residency in Pediatrics
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia University Medical Center, Internship in Pediatrics
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Chinese (Cantonese)
Dr. Eda Chao's office location
Charles B. Wang Community Health Center
125 Walker St
New York, NY 10013
Patient reviews for Dr. Eda Chao
Love Dr. Chao. She is very informative and pays a great deal of attention to your child. The wait time isn’t bad and every one in the office is very friendly. The office communicates very well and does everything pretty fast. Dr. Chao and her entire team is so efficient and knowledgeable. She sees a lot of patient but takes the time out to stay up to date with her patients. I love her attention to details. 5 star all around!
Dr Chao was excellent!! She spent a lot of time with us answering all of our questions. Will definitely go back!
Very good, attentive, and caring, My 4 kids they all visit Dr. Chao for primary care.
She is the best doctor I ever seen.
Good, my son visits Dr. Chao since 2013.
My son visits Dr. Chao since birth. She's very caring and attentive to my son. Everything's good and would recommend to Chao to my friends and family.
Dr. Chao is excellent, she is very caring and would answer all of my concerns.
I have 3 kids and they all visit Dr. Chao. I've visit Dr. Chao for 11 years, feels very comfortable visiting her. Dr. Chao is very attentive. I recommanded all my friends and family to visit Dr. Chao.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Child with Fever
- 12 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 15 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 18 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 1 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 24 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 2 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 2 Week Well Baby Checkup
- 30 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 3-7 Day Well-Baby Checkup
- 3 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 4 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 6 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 9 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- Annual Pediatric Checkup
- More Procedures
- Aetna Pediatricians
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pediatricians
- Cigna Pediatricians
- UnitedHealthcare Pediatricians
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Pediatricians
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Pediatricians
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pediatricians
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Pediatricians
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Pediatricians
- More Insurances