Dr. Erminia Scarcella, MD
**If you need to cancel any appointments, please call or email, so I can fill the appointment.** **We do not accept credit cards.** **Please expect a phone call from Dr. Scarcella after booking your appointment. Your appointment time will not be confirmed until speaking with the doctor.** Dr. Scarcella is a psychiatrist and psychoanalyst in private practice in Washington, DC. Dr. Scarcella received her degree from the University of Rome, where she specialized in Neurology and Psychiatry, and subsequently received her training in Psychiatry at the George Washington University and St. Elizabeth Hospital. She is a Clinical Assistant Professor at The George Washington University School of Medicine, and teaches at The George Washington University Hospital. Dr. Scarcella is also the President of the Washington Society for Jungian Psychology and also the President of American Society of Psychoanalytic Physicians, Washington, DC chapter and President elect of the National American Society of Psychoanalytic Physicians, Chair of International Medical Graduates of the Washington Psychiatric Society (District Branch of the APA), and a Board member for the Consortium for Psychoanalytic Research. Dr. Scarcella also served in the Army Reserves Medical Corps, where she retired with the rank of Major. Prior to entering full time private practice, Dr. Scarcella worked at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Washington, DC, and at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
Education and training
- Medical School - Università degli Studi di Roma 'La Sapienza'
- George Washington University, Residency in Psychiatry
- Saint Elizabeths Hospital, Residency in Psychiatry
ERMINIA SCARCELLA, M.D.
4910 Massachusetts Ave., N.W., Suite 300
Washington, DC 20016
Psychiatrists by Location
Popular Insurances Accepted By Psychiatrists
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances