Dr. Jason Yip, MD
**PLEASE BE ADVISED: IF YOU HAVE AN HMO INSURANCE PLAN, YOU MUST CALL THE OFFICE BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT SO WE CAN CONFIRM YOUR PRIOR AUTHORIZATION!** Dr. Jason Yip is an energetic, caring gastroenterologist treating patients in Anaheim, California, and the surrounding communities. His approach to practice is to treat each of his patients as he would members of his own family, and he makes sure to take the time to provide care that is both competent and clearly explained. Dr. Yip holds certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine for gastroenterology and is a member of professional organizations including the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Association. Having grown up in Orange County, Dr. Yip attended the University of California, Berkley for his undergraduate degree. He pursued his medical degree at the University of Washington School of Medicine. Dr. Yip continued his medical education at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, where he completed an internship and received his residency training. He then completed a fellowship program in Gastroenterology at the Tufts Medical Center. Patients visiting Dr. Yip can receive a full range of gastroenterological services. He provides colon cancer screenings, colonoscopy, upper endoscopies, general consultations, hemorrhoid banding, and advanced procedures such as ERCP. Treatment is available for issues including abdominal pain, hemorrhoids, rectal bleeding, biliary disease, and acid reflux. When he is not treating patients, Dr. Yip enjoys playing Ultimate Frisbee, cooking his own Chinese food recipes, eating sushi, and spending time with his wife and children.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Anaheim Regional Medical Center
- Placentia-Linda Hospital
- West Anaheim Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Washington, Doctor of Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital (Internship)
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Tufts Medical Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Awards and publications
- Yip JS, Guelrud M. Lipoma mimicking a perforation. Gastrointest Endosc. 2012 Sep 19
- Yip JS, Woodward M, Abreu MT, Sparrow MP. How are azathioprine and 6- mercaptopurine dosed by gastroenterologists? Results of a survey of clinical practice. Inflammatory Bowel Disease. 2008 Apr; 14(4): 514-8.
- Yip, JS, Nguyen PT. Comparison of EUS Visualization of 2 Linear Endoscopes in Vascular Staging. J Invest Med/ Western Regional Meeting, Volume: 51 2003.
- Chinese (Cantonese)
408 S Beach Boulevard, Suite 211
Anaheim, CA 92804