Dr. Jeffrey Kohn, MD, FACC
Cardiologist, Cardiac Electrophysiologist
Dr. Kohn is a board certified Cardiologist and Cardiac Electrophysiologist, caring for his patients at a premier, full service practice on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Besides for treating cardiac disease and arrhythmias, he has a special interest in preventative cardiology and sports cardiology, optimizing his patients’ cardiovascular health and risk through various modalities such as advanced lipid testing, stress testing and vascular testing. Dr. Kohn graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. After completing an Internal Medicine residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, he continued his Cardiology training at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Subsequently, Dr. Kohn completed a fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Thorndike Electrophysiology Institute in Boston, under the mentorship of the renowned Dr. Mark Josephson. There, he was involved in research on risk stratifying patients for abnormal heart rhythms and in teaching Harvard medical students and residents. Dr. Kohn is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and is on faculty at New York University Langone Medical Center and Lenox Hill Hospital. He has received numerous awards including being chosen for the 2013 Super Doctors Rising Stars list in the New York Times Magazine and receiving a Medical Education award from NYU Langone Medical Center. He has given numerous lectures on preventative and sports cardiology (he was a physician for the 2013 NYC Triathlon), and is actively involved in state-of-the-art cardiac research. As the Director of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Non-invasive imaging at his practice, Dr. Kohn is recognized by his peers as an excellent diagnostician who utilizes an individualized approach with each patient’s treatment plan.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Cardiac Electrophysiologist
- National Board of Echocardiography
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology (Internal Medicine)
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
Education and training
- Harvard University, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Medical School - University of Pennsylvania, Doctor of Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania, Residency in Internal Medicine
- American College of Cardiology
Awards and publications
- NYU Medical Education Award, 2013, 2014
- Super Doctors Rising Stars 2013, as seen in the New York Times Magazine.
- Super Doctors Rising Stars 2014, as seen in the New York Times Magazine
- Super Doctors Rising Stars 2018, as seen in the New York Times Magazine
New York Medical Associates
635 Madison Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10022