Dr. Johanna Lee, DO
A dedicated obstetrician and gynecologist, Dr. Johanna Lee is committed to patient care and strives to ensure her patients’ speedy recovery. She earned her master’s degree in public health from Yale University and another master's degree in graduate medical sciences from Boston University. Furthermore, she received her medical degree from the New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, followed by a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center. Looking after the communities of Teaneck and Rutherford, NJ, Dr. Lee is available for consultations and examinations at Women's Health Care Group. She is also affiliated with Holy Name Medical Center. Individuals visit her for a host of medical concerns, such as birth control, sexual dysfunctions, vaginal infections, fibroids, ovarian cysts, and pelvic pain. Her goal during patient visits is to help women understand their bodily functions and get them to be actively involved in the upkeep of their well-being. Fluent in English, German, and Korean, Dr. Lee is a zealous researcher, with authorial credits in numerous esteemed publications. She was also conferred with the Ava Harris Award and is part of many esteemed societies, including the American Osteopathic Association and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Lee enjoys giving back to her community and has participated in many volunteering activities. Outside of medicine, she enjoys fine culinary arts and traveling.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Beech Street
- Holy Name Medical Center
Education and training
- Medical School - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Residency in Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Boston University, Master's in Graduate Medical Sciences
- Yale University, Master's in Public Health
- University of Chicago (Bachelor's)
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards and publications
- Ava Harris Award 2014-2015
- Best Senior Resident Teaching Award 2016-2017
- Chen S, Wang W, Lee S, Nafa K, Lee J?, Romans K, Waton P, Gruber SB, Euhus D, Kinzler KW, Jass J, Gallinger S, Lindor NM, Casey G, Ellis N, Giardiello FM, Offit K, Parmigiani G. Prediction of Germline Mutations and Cancer Risk in the Lynch Syndrome. J Am Med Assoc, 2006; 296:1479-87.
- Smith KL, Adank M, Kauff N, Lafaro K, Boyd J, Lee JB?, Hudis C, Offit K, Robson M. BRCA mutations in women with ductal carcinoma in situ. Clin Cancer Res, 2007; 13:4306-10.
- Kauff ND, Mitra M, Robson ME, Hurley KE, Chuai S, Goldfrank D, Wadsworth E, Lee J,? Cigler T, Borgen PI, Norton L, Barakat RR, Offit K. Risk of Ovarian Cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation Negative Hereditary Breast Cancer Families. J Natl Cancer Inst, 2005; 97:1382-4.
Women's Health Care Group
870 Palisade Avenue, Suite 301
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Women's Health Care Group
71 Union Avenue, Suite 101
Rutherford, NJ 07070