Dr. Joseph R. Payne, MD
* Please include your Zip Code when booking your next appointment Dr. Joseph R. Payne is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He received his medical degree from the Duke University School of Medicine. He has hospital affiliations with Northside Hospital and Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta. He performs Mohs Surgery. Certification: Specialty: Dermatology Certifying Board: American Board of Dermatology Date Certified: August 2004 (expires 2024) Hospital Privileges: Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA St. Joseph’s Hospital, Atlanta, GA Undergraduate Education: Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering with Highest Honor Medical Education: Duke University School of Medicine Doctorate of Medicine Internship: Duke University Hospital Durham, North Carolina Department of Internal Medicine Residency: The George Washington University Hospital Department of Dermatology Military Service: United States Navy Current Rank: Lieutenant Commander
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Northside Hospital
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Duke University, Doctor of Medicine
- The George Washington University Hospital, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Mohs Surgery
Awards and publications
- “A Double-Blind, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Placebo-Controlled, Multi-Center Study to Evaluate the Safety and Clinical Equivalence of Generic Metronidazole Gel 1% (TOLMAR Inc.) to METROGEL (metronidazole gel) 1% (Galderma Laboratories, LP) and both Active Treatments to a Vehicle Control in the Treatment of Inflammatory Rosacea Lesions,” TOLMAR Inc., 2007.
- “A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study Comparing the Safety and Efficacy of Two Dosing Regimens of ABT-874 to Placebo in Subjects with Moderate to Severe Chronic Plaque Psoriasis,” Abbott, 2007.
- “A Randomized, Double-Blind, Multiple-Site, Placebo-Controlled Study Comparing 1% Clindamycin/ 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Topical Gel (KV Pharmaceutical Company) to DUAC Topical Gel 1% Clindamycin/ 5% Benzoyl Peroxide (Stiefel) in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Acne Vulgaris,” KV Pharmaceutical Company, 2007.
- “A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled, Parallel Design, Multi-Site Clinical Study to Evaluate the Bioequivalence of Calcipotriene Ointment 0.005% (Glenmark Pharmaceuticals) to DOVONEX (calcipotriene ointment) 0.005% (Bristol Meyer Squibb) in patients with Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis,” Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 2007.
Dermatology Associates of Atlanta
5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 190
Atlanta, GA 30342