Dr. Katherine Falk, MD
**We will give you a quick call prior to confirming your appointment time. Dr. Falk is a fee-for-service provider. Please book accordingly. Thank you!** Dr. Katherine Falk practices Integrative and Holistic Psychiatry in New York City. In addition to providing psychotherapy, she has developed a method of evaluating the biological underpinnings of mental illness and recommends a personalized approach for each of her patients. Using natural substances – vitamins, minerals, amino acids, herbs, homeopathy – she is able to minimize (and sometimes eliminate) the need for psychiatric medications. She has a longstanding interest in spirituality and, when appropriate, teaches breathing and meditation practices to her patients to help them better deal with their emotions and develop compassion. She is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine (ABIHM). Dr. Falk is a sought after lecturer for medical and psychiatric conferences, on such topics as psychiatric illness, integrative psychiatry, the role of thyroid and adrenal hormones in depression and other psychiatric illnesses. She currently lectures on Integrative Psychiatry at Mount Sinai Medical Center. She also serves as co-chair of the Integrative Psychiatry Task Force of the American Psychiatric Association, New York County District Branch. Before joining Mt Sinai, she was on the faculty of New York State Psychiatric Institute/Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons for 25 years. In 1985, she founded The Project for Psychiatric Outreach to the Homele
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Doctor of Medicine
- American Psychiatric Association
Awards and publications
- Falk K, Bartlik B, Mindes J (2017, in press). Inflammation and the Gut – Brain – Mood connection: a new perspective in psychiatry and sexual dysfunction. Ch. 14 in B Bartlik, G Espinosa, J Mindes (Eds.) Integrative Sexual Health. New York: Oxford University Press, Weil Integrative Medicine Library.
- The 1993 Exemplary Psychiatrist Award, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- Falk K (2017, in press). Integrative treatment of depression and anxiety: an effective non-pharmacological approach that preserves sexual functioning. Ch. 13 in B Bartlik, G Espinosa, J Mindes (Eds.) Integrative Sexual Health. New York: Oxford University Press, Weil Integrative Medicine Library.
- SuperDoctors New York 2011-2013
- Distinguished Life Fellow, the American Psychiatric Association, 2007, “in recognition of significant contributions to Psychiatry…the highest honor the profession can bestow.”
Katherine Falk, M.D.
113 E 92nd St., 1C
New York, NY 10128