Dr. Mahendra Mahatma, MD
**Patients must enter in all insurance information in order for the office to confirm their appointment. Otherwise, the office will need to speak to the patient before confirming their appointment.** Dr. Mahatma is a board certified gastroenterologist in clinical practice for 21 years. He is a graduate of the University of Wales College of Medicine in Cardiff, U.K. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Cook County Hospital in Chicago. IL. He then completed his fellowship in Gastroenterology at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. He received his board certification in Internal Medicine in 1986. Pulmonology in 1988, and Gastroenterology in 1991. He is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterology Association, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Texas Medical Association, and Dallas County Medical Society.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Baylor Medical Center at Irving
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
- Pulmonary Disease (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Wales School of Medicine
- Royal Gwent Hospital (Internship)
- Cook County Hospital (Internship)
- Louisiana State University Medical Center, Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Tulane University, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
Awards and publications
- "Can glucose transport across the human erythrocyte membrane be sustained against a concentration gradient?"
- Role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha, Digestive Diseases and Sciences
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding: a prospective study. Journal of American Academy of Mm Physicians.
Dr. Mahatma M.D.
6500 Sierra Drive, Suite 170
Irving, TX 75039