Dr. Mark Co, DPM, BS, MBA, MS
Dr. Mark Co is a board-qualified podiatric physician treating patients in the San Francisco Bay Area. He is a staff physician with California Pacific Medical Center and St. Mary’s Medical Center. Dr. Co did not start his career as a physician. He graduated Johns Hopkins University with a concurrent Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering. While working as an engineer for AT&T he completed an MBA at New York University Stern School of Business in the evenings. He subsequently pursued telecommunications and Internet product management opportunities rising to Director-level positions managing small teams of product managers. Despite his success in high technology, he realized his calling through a defining moment volunteering at San Francisco General Hospital. He has spent nearly a decade realizing his goal of becoming a physician, the profession of his father, a general surgeon, and his mother, an anesthesiologist. Dr. Co attended the California College of Podiatric Medicine and graduated from an extremely competitive 3-year Kaiser Permanente Residency program in the Bay Area. Dr. Co treats the full complement of foot and ankle issues. He provides general consultations, laser toenail treatment, custom orthotics, and treatment for issues including foot and ankle trauma, Achilles tendon ruptures, heel pain, bunions, hammertoes, ingrown toenails, corns/calluses, warts and gout among other pathology.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus
- California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Foot Surgery (Podiatric Surgery)
- Reconstructive Rearfoot / Ankle Surgery (Podiatric Surgery)
Education and training
- Johns Hopkins University, Master’s in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- New York University, Master’s in Business Administration
- Kaiser Permanente Hayward Medical Center (Residency)
- Johns Hopkins University (Bachelor's)
- Kaiser Permanente Fremont Medical Center (Residency)
- Samuel Merritt University, California School of Podiatric Medicine, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management
- American Podiatric Medical Association, Inc
Awards and publications
- “Robust fixation construct for a trimalleolar ankle fracture in the setting of Osteogenesis Imperfecta: A Case Report” Glenn Weinraub DPM, Jason Neufeld DPM, Mark Co DPM MBA, Benjamin Cullen DPM. Presented at the 69th Annual Scientific Conference, Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 2011.
- “Bioactive Glass, experience with a unique non-biologic agent for enhanced osteogenesis”, Glenn Weinraub DPM, Ernesto Hernandez DPM, Jason Neufeld DPM, Mark Co DPM MBA. Presented at the 68th Annual Scientific Conference, Las Vegas, NV, February, 2010
- “Arthroscopically-assisted minimally-invasive calcaneal ORIF” Glenn Weinraub DPM, Mark Co DPM MBA, Benjamin Cullen DPM, Gabriel van Gompel DPM. Presented at the 70th Annual Scientific Conference, San Antonio, TX, February 2012
Northern California Foot & Ankle Center
45 Castro Street, #315
San Francisco, CA 94114